• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Need groundhog/woodchuck removed

Started by MaineShark, May 11, 2010, 01:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

We have a groundhog (or woodchuck, depending upon who you ask) digging lots of holes and eating our garden.

We want it removed safely (by safely, I mean with minimal damage or danger to ourselves and our neighbors; the critter's safety is not our concern).

If someone wants to trap/shoot/eliminate the critter, we'd be willing to discuss prices (FRN's, silver, or other barter).

Thanks,
Joe

thinkliberty

MaineShark

If we trap it, we won't just release it to be a nuisance for someone else.  But if we do trap it, we'll only use a live trap, because we don't want to kill a neighbor's cat, instead.

However, we'd rather not invest in a Havahart for a one-time use, if we can find someone who already owns one.

Joe

shyfrog

Otosan

If you know which hole is the main one or one that the critter uses most, pour some Red Devil Lye into the hole.
It gets on the critters feet and they will lick it off, and.....well no more critters.
Worked here.
Also soak some corn in antifreeze and leave near hole, make sure other critters can not get to it.

41mag

Quote from: MaineShark on May 11, 2010, 01:58 PM NHFT
If someone wants to trap/shoot/eliminate the critter, we'd be willing to discuss prices (FRN's, silver, or other barter).
What you didn't care for my shot?

rs38bj

naturally you waited to have a groundhog after I came back to KY.  We kentuckians have handled a few of those in our day

Kat Kanning

I think I have one in my greenhouse  :o