• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FIJA outreach in Concord

Started by Kat Kanning, May 18, 2010, 03:22 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: CJS on June 10, 2010, 11:56 AM NHFT
Can a defendant force the trial to advance to press the issue ?

Theoretically, he could seek a writ of mandamus, which would force the prosecutor to enforce the law by taking it to trial.

Of course, the trouble here is Julian didn't actually break any laws, so there's nothing for them to enforce.

brycen

How many people are actually planning to attend this FIJA thing on Wed the 23rd? I will be in NH in time to go (have never done FIJA stuff before), but don't want to get in any kind of trouble. I would feel a lot safer if there are a whole bunch of people going. I wouldn't want to have to go back to NH for court, even if I wasn't concerned about having such a thing affect my employment. Maybe I could stand off to the side of the federal "property" and be further down the chain of photographers like Dave Ridley talks about?

brycen

That was me that posted the question today about people attending the FIJA activity on the 23rd. Sorry about not having my name on it, it was my first post on this forum and haven't figured out how to personalize my messages yet. I am 10stateswithnh on the FSP forum.

Bryce in Utah

TackleTheWorld

jaqeboy

Quote from: CJS on June 10, 2010, 11:56 AM NHFT

Can a defendant force the trial to advance to press the issue ? I am not saying I would be the hero to force a trial that could land my ass in a fed pokey for 10 or 20 years , but for some of the lesser  charges could a person say . " no , i want this case to go forward to prove the arrest was unlawful "

Maybe. The charges against Carla were nolle prossed by the prosecutor and Carla had the lawyer file a motion to strike the nolle pross. The judge was apparentlly befuddled because no one had done that before and he no longer had any paperwork to act on, since the case was effectively dismissed. We'll see what comes of that case to get your answer.

Russell Kanning

we will be there
even if you are by yourself .... if you do whatever the thugs ask you to .... then you should be safe from arrest
if there are a lot of people there .... you might still not be safe from arrest
compliance with the system is your best assurance of no bracelets

brycen

I wouldn't want to make the other people look bad by complying when you are not. I think I will skip this event for now. The Federal FIJA outreach so far seems a lot more risky than the local ones.

Kat Kanning

Well now, it'd be pretty typical at these sorts of things for some people to comply while others don't.  It's a real individual (and often painful) decision on whether to stand your ground and be arrested or not.

Tom Sawyer

You have to pretty much want to get arrested, if you slowly move away when the bears threaten you are fine... I was going to say that I usually run away like a little girl, but the truth is the little girls are the brave ones in this group.   ;D

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: brycen on June 16, 2010, 10:40 AM NHFT
I wouldn't want to make the other people look bad by complying when you are not. I think I will skip this event for now. The Federal FIJA outreach so far seems a lot more risky than the local ones.

It seems to be a lot more risky and a lot less useful because of the way it's done.  I'm not gonna get involved in it either.  I do look forward to video, though :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: brycen on June 16, 2010, 10:40 AM NHFT
the feds are usually worse than local government thugs
it is sad every time the feds scare someone
eventually you have to wrestle the big bear :)

you should cover the even with a still camera or video one and experience something new

brycen

It would be a new experience. I am considering it again.

Dave Ridley

could someone bring a small step ladder to this?  if you do then just lemme know you've got it when you see me there.

brycen

The Portsmouth lunch is at the same time so I think I'm going to go to that instead. See everyone at Porcfest, or Monday afternoon if you're in Grafton and can't do PF!

Free libertarian

Does anyone knw the status of Julian as of today? Is he free or being held prisoner ?