• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Plant swap list

Started by MaineShark, May 19, 2010, 09:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

Figured it might be a good idea for folks to have a thread to post what they want to get rid of, and what they might be looking for.  Post things for trade, or things you're looking to just get rid of.

Haves (no trade required - we just want them out of the way):
We have a good bit of privet hedge.  Take a plant or ten and start your own hedgerow.  It's in the way of some other planting plans, so it will likely be destroyed later this summer if no one takes it.

We also have massive quantities of Thai basil.  It's just something we have lots of, and we're happy to share (it's basically a weed, so giving away a few plants per season has pretty much zero effect on the quantity that we will continue to have).

And we have a number of flowering shrubs.  Rhododendrons, I know.  Also some others that I don't care enough about flowering shrubs to identify.  Most are in the way of some project or another (eg, the rhododendrons make it very hard to shovel off my porch roof, and necessitate a lot of extra work to keep from destroying them).  If anyone wants them, we'd be happy to have them out of the way.

Wants:
We're looking for raspberries and blackberries.  We're building a hedge out of them, so we're going to need a lot of plants.

We're also looking for any interesting plants that produce edible or medicinal things (fruits, nuts, etc.).  Hawthorne with known-good haws (some haws are tasty; others are pretty bad) would be an example.

Joe

PassionatePantherrr

We also have a hydrangea bush (aka snowball) that I'd like to remove. It's a large bush, but would fit in the back of a van or pickup. Ttys!

Kat Kanning

I have some extra heirloom tomato starts, if anyone wants them in the next few days.  Will trade for something different :)

PassionatePantherrr

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 19, 2010, 11:28 AM NHFT
I have some extra heirloom tomato starts, if anyone wants them in the next few days.  Will trade for something different :)

What types of heirloom tomato starts do you have? I have several yellow pear (and know that someone who'll be sharing gardening space with us is going to be bringing some over). If you have a Roma/Plum style tomato that is strong, let me know (my San Marzano aren't faring as well as I'd hoped, but I'll plant them anyway). Ttyl...

porcupine kate

I have a Rhododendron that has purple flowers if anyone wants it.  It is fairly small and would be easy to move since it is in a raised bed planter at the moment.
I also have Lilac suckers if anyone is looking for some.
i have a couple of perennials that I have no idea what they are but they need to be thinned out.
One grows about 2 ft tall with red leaves and small yellow flowers.
There is  a short plant with tiny green leaves and yellow flowers and the last one has fluffy leaves and I can't remember what the flowers look like.  All of them are very pretty and grow well.

If anyone wants to come by the house in the next couple of days I have some Rhubarb that is going to make way for blueberries.

I have extra seedlings too.  I have just a few of each since they are left over from the plant sale for Scholars Academy.
Chamomile
parsley
bunching onions
leeks
tomatoes
peppers
snapdragons
marigolds
broccoli
kale
Cosmos
Allysum
and other random plants.
All are labeled and looking for a good home.

MaineShark

We could definitely use more rhubarb, if the plant (plants?) is reasonably healthy.  We put in three, and only one is doing well.

Joe

porcupine kate

They are healthy.  I put them in last year so thy are still kind of small.  I do need them removed today or tomorrow.

PassionatePantherrr

Kate-

If you still have the rhubarb, we could swing down there today... Call us to let us know what time works for you :-)

-Denise

MaineShark

We also have an azalea that needs to go.

Joe

Kat Kanning

Quote from: PassionatePantherrr on May 19, 2010, 03:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 19, 2010, 11:28 AM NHFT

What types of heirloom tomato starts do you have? I have several yellow pear (and know that someone who'll be sharing gardening space with us is going to be bringing some over). If you have a Roma/Plum style tomato that is strong, let me know (my San Marzano aren't faring as well as I'd hoped, but I'll plant them anyway). Ttyl...

Oh sorry I didn't see this.  Yes, some are roma.  Here's what I have:

Golden Sunray
Woodle Orange
Matt's Wild Cherry Tomato
Roma
Moneymaker Tomoto

porcupine kate

I've given away the Rhubarb and the extra seedlings.
Kate

porcupine kate

I am looking for Lovage, Creeping Chamolie, and Creeping thyme if anyone has some.
Denise I would love to have some seeds if I can't find a lovage plant.

PassionatePantherrr

Quote from: porcupine kate on May 25, 2010, 10:18 AM NHFT
I am looking for Lovage, Creeping Chamolie, and Creeping thyme if anyone has some.
Denise I would love to have some seeds if I can't find a lovage plant.

I have some lemon thyme (it is a creeper), let me know when you'd like to swing by to pick some up and some of the lovage seeds too :-)

PassionatePantherrr

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 25, 2010, 07:17 AM NHFT
Oh sorry I didn't see this.  Yes, some are roma.  Here's what I have:

Golden Sunray
Woodle Orange
Matt's Wild Cherry Tomato
Roma
Moneymaker Tomoto

Roma is the one I'd prefer to have... is there a time you might be out our way? Or maybe we can find someone who's heading from your neck of the woods out this way (or to Concord possibly?)  Just trying to figure out logistics :-) (Would you like some of the basil I have, or ...?) Thanks!

porcupine kate

Thanks Denise.
I may be able to come out Thursday Evening. I will let you know.