• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Plant swap list

Started by MaineShark, May 19, 2010, 09:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

We're not going toward Concord until the middle of June, as far as I know.  If someone comes by, I can throw them in a pot for you.  We'd like more flowering shrubs, but that doesn't seem like a very fair trade, a shrub for a couple tiny tomato starts.  Seems like you'd be getting the short end of the deal.

MTPorcupine3

I just found this thread. Great concept! For those of us Grafton, this is good material for 'Gardening/Homesteading/Self-Reliance' or 'Marketplace: Buy / Sell / Trade' at www.GraftonForum.com.

Lloyd Danforth

We are trying to encourage Only Grafton residents and potential Grafton residents to participate in the Grafton Forum

PassionatePantherrr

Quote from: porcupine kate on May 25, 2010, 02:51 PM NHFT
Thanks Denise.
I may be able to come out Thursday Evening. I will let you know.

Thurs works fine for me, ttys!

-D

PassionatePantherrr

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 26, 2010, 07:13 AM NHFT
We're not going toward Concord until the middle of June, as far as I know.  If someone comes by, I can throw them in a pot for you.  We'd like more flowering shrubs, but that doesn't seem like a very fair trade, a shrub for a couple tiny tomato starts.  Seems like you'd be getting the short end of the deal.

The bush needs to go (I've offered it on PlantCycleNH and so forth), so please feel free to come take it/them, so we'd be happy to have them gone, to make room for other things :-) We'd see the tomatoe starts as a bonus! So, just let me know, and we'll chat more about when you could swing by for the shrubbery...

Kat Kanning

Well, Russell didn't want to transplant any bushes until fall, so you could just have the tomatoes.

PassionatePantherrr

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 26, 2010, 02:31 PM NHFT
Well, Russell didn't want to transplant any bushes until fall, so you could just have the tomatoes.

If they're still here then, you're welcome to them, but we'd like them to move sooner rather than later... I also have tons of a self-seeded thai/cinnamon basil (I didn't put it in, but it is definitely basil, and has a spicy taste to it), and also more than enough lemon thyme if you'd like some of that (it's a creeper, and was also here when we moved here). So, let me know :-)

PassionatePantherrr

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 26, 2010, 02:31 PM NHFT
Well, Russell didn't want to transplant any bushes until fall...

Kat-

As it's getting towards the end of autumn, if you'd like to transplant some bushes/plants, let's set up some time for you to swing by before the ground freezes, ok? I'll be home resting/recouping postpartum (hopefully things will speed up soon and I'll get from prodromal->post today!), but will be able to show you what's where :-) Bring some buckets if you'd like to take home some "bunny gold" (rabbit manure) as it's a great fertilizer, doesn't need to be composted before use (even on veggies), and won't even burn roses.

(If anyone else wants some of the rabbit manure, let me know, I'd love to get some veggie/herb seeds now to put aside, or veggie/edible plants/herb starts in the spring).

Thanks!

-Denise

-------