• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Looking to buy silver

Started by Free libertarian, May 19, 2010, 10:51 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

I'm looking to buy silver.  If anybody has some to sell, please P.M. me.   Thanks. 

Free libertarian

The Lone Ranger called, I told him not THAT silver...still looking, anybody got any?

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Free libertarian on May 21, 2010, 06:01 PM NHFT
The Lone Ranger called, I told him not THAT silver...still looking, anybody got any?

Check your private messages.  Or shoot one to me.

Free libertarian

Thanks for response Sam A.  , I sent you my e-mail info.

Scott Roth

Free libertarian

It might just be me, but I can't seem to locate the e-mail.  Sorry to take so long responding, I'm sort of an internet gypsy these days, not always able to log on daily for the time being. 
I'll send my contact info., my apologies for any inconvenience.

I'm still looking to buy silver, prefer 1 oz. rounds.   Will be at Porcfest on Friday with dead presidents in hand if anybody wants to sell a few or more than a few.   I'm an extinguished looking  middleaged lad often sporting a wiseguy smirk and will be found in the vicinity of the FIJA outreach seminar, probably in the company of MTPorcupine or his Lloydness for those I haven't met yet.     ;D

Sent message to you Scott.

Scott Roth

Thanks.  Got the message...my cell phone is 603-732-3783.  Call anytime.

Tom Sawyer

William will probably have some Porcupine Rounds for sale at Hoyt Farm the 28th. :)

Russell Kanning

Scott Roth

Still have silver rounds available.

Scott Roth

I've got 20 rounds at market value on day sold.

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Thanks. I'll get back to you...

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Scott Roth on August 22, 2010, 03:59 PM NHFT
I've got 20 rounds at market value on day sold.
what does market value mean to you?
I have found this handy:

http://newhampshirefreepress.com/node/592

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Thanks Russell.

I hadn't looked in about a week at the prices on Ebay because they were getting pretty high before. Looking just now, I see that there is a high on AE 1oz Gold Proof at over $1500. A week or so ago, for a specific date of AE 1oz Gold Proof, there was a sell that approached $2000. That's basically when I stopped watching because that's way above spot and the extra didn't seem right even for a collector's grade coin. I suspect that most people aren't interested in whether the gold or silver they buy is collector's grade or simply bullion. In general, I've found that 1oz gold in bullion grade can be had for ~$20-40 over spot from a good reputable dealer. When it comes to specific dates or higher grades of coins, then the price goes up, but that only matters if you're a numismatist. The same generally holds true for silver. A few dollars above spot is usually what one can get bullion silver for. The high prices on Ebay recently have been for Proof/high-Grade and/or special dates which are worth more to collectors. Again, in general, a few dollars over spot for bullion grade is what I suspect folks in the liberty movement to be interested in and paying. That's closer to the prices seen for 20 coin rolls of AE silver, which are ungraded and considered bullion coins. (Although some are "uncirculated" and there are more desireable dates which dealers or those who've looked into it know...)

Just my "take" on the current situation. I haven't been able to continue buying either recently for various reasons, but I still check. And I will be canceling my subscription to the U.S. Mint purchase program since they've decided to up their prices significantly.