• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Trial-Like event directed at Lauren

Started by TackleTheWorld, May 20, 2010, 11:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

Hooray!  No lawyer, no jail and only a few drab hours of hanging with the public servants.   
Only the two plain clothes police MacIssac and Difava were brought up as witnesses, no other evidence.  They testified I was one of those who stood in front of their car.  I asked "Could you have backed away from the obstruction?"  Driver answered," I didn't even look behind us."  I testified to mention that there were 100 white people there and they only arrested a teenage black man. Which is why I got angry and blocked the car for two minutes.   So, the judge Bambauer decided I needed punishment: a $1200 fine, all suspended if I exhibit good behavior for the next year.  I thought I was exhibiting good behavior.

Free libertarian

Good news.

Just wondering how good behavior is defined by the court and if it is a "standard" term or flexible to the individual.  I'll assume no arrests, but are you still able to hang out with the cool kids at protests and such? 

TackleTheWorld

Yes, I also assume an angry judge or prosecutor or cop could unsuspend the fine at any time for any reason.   Even if I obey all commands and pay all demands for a year I may still get the penalty.  So I might as well continue living up to my standards, then I may go to jail, but I won't have the added misery of regretting my own sell-out behavior.

Maybe later I'll calculate that I must avoid any damage, but right now I'm feeling like I have full health and armor. :Dragon_Ball_emoticon_by_Wereg

Pat K

Russell Kanning

so far none of our friends have been dinged on the good behaviour clauses or probation .... as far as i can remember

Free libertarian

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on December 01, 2010, 10:50 PM NHFT
Yes, I also assume an angry judge or prosecutor or cop could unsuspend the fine at any time for any reason.   Even if I obey all commands and pay all demands for a year I may still get the penalty.  So I might as well continue living up to my standards, then I may go to jail, but I won't have the added misery of regretting my own sell-out behavior.

Maybe later I'll calculate that I must avoid any damage, but right now I'm feeling like I have full health and armor. :Dragon_Ball_emoticon_by_Wereg

...and THAT folks is why Lauren is one of the cool kids !  ;D

karenijohnson

ONCE you are ARRAIGNED, you can DEMAND a SPEEDY trial !!!!
                  (read the charges and asked for a plea)

//
not sure if you want this case rushed or to die a slow death or ....
YOU can WITHDRAW a speedy trial waiver at anytime.

//

Russell Kanning

then you can be CONVICTED
then they will SENTENCE you
after the court realizes that you will NOT PAY
they will SUSPEND THE SENTENCE
then you WIN