• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton ... top story

Started by John, May 26, 2010, 01:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

A Grafton "libertarian activist" gets top story in the Valley New: http://www.vnews.com/05262010/05262010.htm

More to follow.

Kat Kanning

Here's a scan.  In Grafton, Burn Pile Become Protest for Libertarian Activist

This is what Russell almost got arrested for on Monday.  Now perhaps it'll wind up with a Barskey arrest?

(Sorry for the bad scan)

MaineShark

Wait... they put out the fire?

Isn't that destruction of evidence? :D

Joe

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

Since he didn't talk to the paper, has Babiarz talked privately about this?

Kat Kanning

Not to us since then, but then, we don't really talk to him.  Wait until you see the video.  I told him it'd make a great Libertarian for Governor campaign vid, since he's running again.

thinkliberty

Here is the video:

Government Aggresses Against A Campfire

Make sure all your politico libertarian buddies see it.

Kat Kanning

I think someone needs a refresher course in the non-aggression principle.

BJ

Babiarz is obviously an excellent, principled libertarian.
::)

MaineShark

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 26, 2010, 09:19 PM NHFTI think someone needs a refresher course in the non-aggression principle.

Hey, actually engaging in negligence that constitutes a credible threat to others is an aggressive act.

And we all know that lighting a fire in a well-constructed fire ring, without a permit is extremely dangerous to others.  See, it's a well-known fact that fires obey burn permits, and will stay within the designated fire ring if you have one.  But if you don't have a permit, they know you're an easy mark, so they get all uppity and jump out.

By the way, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas I'd like to sell, if anyone's interested.

Joe

KBCraig

John

If the fire had been actually dangerous then why would the little man (who created the problem) from Enfield (with the big title) threaten to call the STATE POLICE rather call the fire department?

Maybe because it wasn't actually dangerous and the little man from Enfeild knew it.

I'd say (and by the way I was there) that the jerky little man (the state deputy fire bla-bla-bla) was simply on a huge power trip and he wanted desperately to introduce GUNS (the Guns of the Blue Light Gang) into the situation!

Kat Kanning

So while they put out that 'dangerous' fire, they blocked off a lane of highway 4 with their stupid fire engine, forcing cars to pass on a blind turn.  Really safe.  ::)

KBCraig

Well, now you have the official word: no accidental fires are allowed to break out in Grafton during business hours. That means no cooking, no smoking, no grilling, no blacksmithing, no baling hay, no welding, no manufacturing black powder (oops, sorry, that was Colebrook).

So, please, for the convenience of the VFD, schedule your kitchen grease fire sometime after 6 p.m.

At all other times, please have a permit, because pieces of paper called "burn permits" stop forest fires exactly like pieces of paper called "restraining orders" stop bullets.

Ogre

Wow. Just wow. My response to all those government people that were involved would have to be, "Really?"

They spent all that time, money, and resources on THAT? I mean, its one thing to be petty, but that was really insane.

Get ready for jail -- now that the intent to fine has been published, they will certainly send the bills and the fine. What a damn waste.