• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Nashua Trial for Jim

Started by TackleTheWorld, April 30, 2010, 11:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

what they think is evidence can be quite funny

TackleTheWorld

Continuance for cop vacation granted, new court date July 15 1pm.

Kat Kanning

They didn't even make him show up on Monday?!?  :o

Jim Johnson

They have assigned a case number 459-2010-CR-02392.

Charge ID # 325489C

Disorderly Conduct under Statute 644.2

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 16, 2010, 11:40 AM NHFT
They didn't even make him show up on Monday?!?  :o

That's right, they usually make us drive out to the courthouse, then tell us.  wow.

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Lex

I thought that a continuance had to be approved by both parties? The judge granted continuance without asking you if it would be okay? (I guess I shouldn't be surprised.)

I remember a while back someone requested a "speedy trial" in this situation and the case had to be thrown out...

MaineShark

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on July 15, 2010, 10:19 AM NHFTI thought that a continuance had to be approved by both parties? The judge granted continuance without asking you if it would be okay? (I guess I shouldn't be surprised.)

No, the judge can issue a continuance at any time, without even one party requesting it.

Joe

Lex

Quote from: MaineShark on July 15, 2010, 12:00 PM NHFT
No, the judge can issue a continuance at any time, without even one party requesting it.

Like if the Judge needs to go on vacation?

Fluff and Stuff

Porc 411 said Jim is eating food now.  Time served and something about he shouldn't get in trouble for a year or the court will be mad at him.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Fluff and Stuff on July 15, 2010, 01:41 PM NHFT
Porc 411 said Jim is eating food now.

I thought you meant Jim engaged in the world's shortest hunger strike...   ;D

'I'll show those goons I mean business... I'll not eat for more than an hour after lunch!'

Fluff and Stuff

Sorry, I'm not always good with words...or people or numbers and stuff.

Jim Johnson

I went to court, the very first time I have been there with a prosecuting attorney prosecuting me, and judge sustained my first objection.
You Tube videos are not admissible with out being able to examine the person who shot the video.

Ian shot some video.

I was found guilty and the judge juggled a bunch of things to call 4 days in jail time served.

TackleTheWorld

Jim was calm and logical as he made objections and cross-examined the witnesses.  The judge Ryan was also calm, a nice change from Keene. 
Jim asked the police about the racial composition of the crowd at the Nashua 420, the prosecutor asked how that was relevant.  Jim said he thought the policeman was a racist by arresting one of two or so black people in  a crowd of white people, and the crowd reacted because of that.  The judge got flustered and said he didn't have a motion for morality or some such that declared that Jim was claiming he was defending Louis and that's why he blocked the car.  therefore the witness couldn't answer the question.
#1 It was still the state's turn to present evidence
#2 Jim would have to take the stand to claim such and that couldn't happen until he was called
#3 If you have a moral reason for opposing the police, shouldn't it considered no matter when brought up?