• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren in Keene Court

Started by TackleTheWorld, June 04, 2010, 01:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

Trials of the Tres Passive Twelve continues.

Keene District Court
3 Washington St.
Keene, NH

September 29, 2010
10 AM
Courtroom 1

Russell Kanning

i guess there will be a lot of trials happening with you guys

TackleTheWorld

Now 4 times the fun! 
Dale, Ian, Sean and I are all in one trial event.
If I'm not mistaken there will be no lawyers for the defense, just 4 very curious defendants.
Let the questions begin!

thinkliberty

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 28, 2010, 11:00 AM NHFT
Now 4 times the fun! 
Dale, Ian, Sean and I are all in one trial event.
If I'm not mistaken there will be no lawyers for the defense, just 4 very curious defendants.
Let the questions begin!

Do they hate you for your freedom? (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=They%20hate%20us%20for%20our%20Freedom)

TackleTheWorld

The judge said the state failed to prove that we had been asked to leave the jail that day.  Therefore we were all found guilty of a violation instead of a misdemeanor.

We got fined $500 + fee  (presumably the being-found-guilty fee) which we all refused to pay so it's 12 days in jail for me and 31 hours community service for Sean.  Dale and Ian are asking for a jury trial, so no cages or work camps for them yet. 

KBCraig

I got to watch some of it via Ustream. Typical Burke: fingers in ears, blah-blah-blah-I-can't-hear-you-and-I-don't-care-anyway, you're guilty.

Tom Sawyer

Kind of in a crappy mood today... for some reason hangin' out in one of my least favorite places (court) didn't improve my mood.

Some impressions...
Prosecutor was completely inept at operating the video player software, made for longer periods of boredom.

Burke sounded almost reasonable for much of the case, actually sustained a few objections of our fantasic four... explained procedure at some length. Of course that was all a show, he even slipped up and refered to "ourside"... you know everyone paid by the same entity.

Sneaky little trick to downgrade the misdemeanor to a violation... can't appeal the violation to the Superior Court, has to go to the Supreme Court. 'Well the State didn't prove their case, that the individuals were notified to leave, so I'll just say the signage is enough to find them guilty.' As an interesting aside the Prosecutor brought up a Supreme Court decision that says that when the law says personally notify someone, that doesn't mean personally.

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 29, 2010, 05:04 PM NHFT
Dale and Ian are asking for a jury trial, so no cages or work camps for them yet.

They're appealing, but since they were found guilty of just a violation, there will be no jury trial.

Free libertarian

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 29, 2010, 05:04 PM NHFT
The judge said the state failed to prove that we had been asked to leave the jail that day.  Therefore we were all found guilty of a violation instead of a misdemeanor.

We got fined $500 + fee  (presumably the being-found-guilty fee) which we all refused to pay so it's 12 days in jail for me and 31 hours community service for Sean.  Dale and Ian are asking for a jury trial, so no cages or work camps for them yet.

You are a  brave person.  Sorry they are putting you in jail.

Russell Kanning

thanks again for visiting me in jail
it lifted my spirits and dampened the jailors
I guess some of us will have to visit you in jail again

Sovereign Curtis

Jim Johnson

"The judge said the state failed to prove that we had been asked to leave the jail that day."

But in my case, the very same incident, the evidence was clear and over whelming. 

In both cases the out come was essentially the same, a $620 fine.

Kat Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 30, 2010, 09:06 AM NHFT
"The judge said the state failed to prove that we had been asked to leave the jail that day."

But in my case, the very same incident, the evidence was clear and over whelming. 

In both cases the out come was essentially the same, a $620 fine.

Perhaps it is just a case of "sword envy".

littlehawk

The deck is stacked. They got what they wanted, money and more power. But clogging up the system makes it worth it. Nice work all!

I have a 6 man trial in Jan. Charges are harassment and obstructing a peace officers pig investigation.

Basically, I asked a ladycop if she didnt have better things to do as she wrote up a parking ticket. When the thugs came I pleaded the fifth. They violated that right (and others) and threw me in the slammer.

I hired an attorney to coach me and I am also fifling compalints against the officers, violation of my fifth and sixth amendment rights, inaaproppriate use of a taser weapon, failure to properly store away and sign in my possesssions (money, jewelry, etc), falsifying  documentation by a police officer and verbal lies from a police officer.

I hope to have the trial videotaped.