• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren in Keene Court

Started by TackleTheWorld, June 04, 2010, 01:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

QuotePerhaps it is just a case of "sword envy".

:D

Jim Johnson

Quote from: littlehawk on September 30, 2010, 09:35 AM NHFT
The deck is stacked. They got what they wanted, money and more power. But clogging up the system makes it worth it. Nice work all!

They didn't get what they want, they want money and they are not getting money.

They want their authority acknowledged and it is not being acknowledged.

They are asserting authority and they are having to pay for it.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: littlehawk on September 30, 2010, 09:35 AM NHFT
The deck is stacked. They got what they wanted, money and more power. But clogging up the system makes it worth it. Nice work all!

I have a 6 man trial in Jan. Charges are harassment and obstructing a peace officers pig investigation.

Basically, I asked a ladycop if she didnt have better things to do as she wrote up a parking ticket. When the thugs came I pleaded the fifth. They violated that right (and others) and threw me in the slammer.

I hired an attorney to coach me and I am also fifling compalints against the officers, violation of my fifth and sixth amendment rights, inaaproppriate use of a taser weapon, failure to properly store away and sign in my possesssions (money, jewelry, etc), falsifying  documentation by a police officer and verbal lies from a police officer.

I hope to have the trial videotaped.

It's difficult to go through what you are going through.  I wish you good luck with your case.

Kat Kanning

They did succeed in getting people to stop having protests at the jail.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 30, 2010, 12:52 PM NHFT
They did succeed in getting people to stop having protests at the jail.

They sure did.  Just like they succeeded at stopping people from recording in the court lobby.   :'(

If only we had greater numbers of people willing to disobey, then they would not succeed.  Unfortunately, as they pick us off in smaller groups, it becomes difficult to build to those greater numbers, as those who are picked off can only handle so much at once.  I still have five more charges I'm facing in December for my other two CD arrests this summer, so I'm pretty much tapped out for the time being.

Had all 44+ people stayed at the jail on the day in question, I doubt they would dared to make a move against us.  I don't blame anyone for leaving though.  CD isn't right for everyone.  I'm merely saying it's a numbers game - that's why they had to call in the cops from the surrounding towns to arrest us, because they wouldn't have been able to do it if they'd just had the KPD officers - they needed greater numbers.

littlehawk

Thanks Jim and I see your points made. I agree with Ian that we need more people to wake up and stand together.

At least for now some of us at least do something, anything to "fight" back....and violence is not the answer. That is their game and they are good at it. 

In my case I did nothing but TRIED to plead the fifth and I remained peaceful.  In return I got a taser pointed 4 foot away from my chest, a copdoor slammed on my foot and 2 bogus charges. Thankfully I found a good young-gun lawyer to coach me and be at the trial for 500 bucks. For my discovery of evidence we plan to shake them inside out and request as much info as possible as well as postpone the trials as much as possible.

Since this happened I plan to do some COPWATCHING of this corrupt precinct. I am already planning to be ready as its my bet they wll arrest me for it.

dalebert

Quote from: littlehawk on September 30, 2010, 09:35 AM NHFTBut clogging up the system makes it worth it.

I think only the people paying the price can truly decide whether it's worth it.  I don't think I would pay 12 days in jail to clog the system.  It simply came down to a choice between paying the fine or jail and jail was the lesser evil.  I can't speak for the others, of course.

I am, however, planning to make the most out of a bad situation.  I was at the jail that day as a kind of outreach and moral rally for the prisoners, Russell in particular.  For 12 days, those walls and sound-proof windows won't be in my way.

Jim Johnson

Come say, "See you soon."

Tomorrow, Friday Oct. 1st, 4:45pm.

Cheshire Co. Jail, Keene, NH.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 30, 2010, 08:18 PM NHFT

I would, but I'm prohibited from visiting that property and will be arrested on-sight.

Thank you Lauren - you are an inspiration!!!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 30, 2010, 08:18 PM NHFT

With bells on...  :)

Lloyd Danforth

They will think twice before they arrest you while wearing your Bells.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 01, 2010, 06:19 AM NHFT
They will think twice before they arrest you while wearing your Bells.

I didn't get arrested last time. I have no plans to get arrested this time... 

I went to show support for my friend Russell. Today we will go to show support for our friend Lauren.

======================================================
Now that I'm going on the subject, I'd like to cover a few points that others have raised.

First off, this isn't a numbers game...
'Gee, wouldn't it be great to get a whole bunch of people arrested.'
That is Ian's perspective. He came back down the hill to encourage folks, including my little family, to go back up to the jail... knowing that we would likely be arrested. Now I am responsible for my families safety, and I knew that it was a risk, and it was worthwhile to have gone around and let Russell see us... it was great to see him smile. But, Ian wanted us to get arrested... and yes Ian, the authorities could arrest more people with fewer cops... it's not a gang rumble where if we have more people we can win.

My goal when I announced my intentions to go to the jail was to "count coup". At the minimum you show the jail that Russell was remembered and we get a picture to send him.

As to the numbers...
Yeah larger numbers can be a sign of success or growth, but the real test is if the action inspires others to act. Under that criteria one person performing a pure act is much more powerful than a large group that creates a muddled message. Some of the activities in Central Square fall into the muddled message category... an unruly mob trying to shout down their opponent... no surprise that some have been brought up on rioting charges... unfortunate, but not unexpected.

And this brings me to Kat's view...
That because the jail "won" the skirmish our side failed... We have refrained from protesting on the jail property since.
The fact is that we are, and we will be for some time to come, greatly out matched... it is an asymmetrical situation, and as such our goal shouldn't be to win... it should be to motivate others to act... to have small probing raids where the authorities are shown that there is a price to be paid for their actions, and others see a chance to act with a chance to come back to do it another day.

Many people seem to not see the victories of people becoming emboldened to act. Kat was the first person I ever knew not to stand for the judge... now it is common practice. Russell's going up against the TSA brought me into the movement and all the subsequent work I did was directly connected to it.

The pioneers, the first to act in these matters, what motivates them.
Some are bold, some are pure of heart... some are half crazy... some think that they are right on the edge of changing the universe to their desires.

The truth that I see is that we can just steadily beat the drum... create a rhythm and hope others can to be inspired to act.

Lauren inspired me to act... Lauren has purity of heart... Lauren is our friend... Lauren has given herself for my families benefit... I'm going to the jail to wish her well until we see her again.

FTL_Ian

No, I didn't want anyone to get arrested - that's why I encouraged people to stay, because I knew people would be more likely to get arrested if the group got smaller.  It's not a gang rumble, I agree, but they are bullies, and are far less likely to aggress when outnumbered, at least from my observation.  If they do act on a large group, it's usually to target the "leaders", like they did to Rich Paul at the 420.

Tom Sawyer

I never know what to believe from you Ian... you sure were excited and happy to report the mass arrests. You sure wanted to claim the event as yours, you have a need to own it... Others have called you on your apparent duplicity... I just think you have air time to fill, and you make your living with your mouth and I have never heard you concede in a debate. This and a few other incidents are examples of why I won't follow you into action.

Read the article about counting coup, you get a red feather...

FTL_Ian

Tom,

I'm not sure what duplicity you're referring to or why you think I wanted to claim the jail event as mine.  I didn't set it up and don't recall claiming responsibility for it.  I don't want to be seen as in charge, so I don't know why I'd do something like that.  I did bring the bullhorn out, but that was for the purpose of being able to talk to Russell, not to claim the event as mine.

Sure, I reported on the arrests on-air and via the blog - it was well worth talking about, but that doesn't mean I'm happy to see anyone go to jail.