• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton Gulch

Started by Mike Barskey, June 10, 2010, 07:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

I bought land in Grafton and am building a home and store. The store will be some combination of a store, a cafe, and a private club, but this message is about the store. Currently, even during construction, we hold the Grafton Free Market every Wednesday and Sunday at lunchtime (weather permitting, for now). I drive my RV to the site and sell hot dogs, sodas, and candy. Soon, I'll tow my camping trailer and BBQ to the site and leave it there permanently so I can sell even more food, and more often. Eventually, when the building is complete, there will be an indoor store as well as outdoor facilities to sell stuff.

We have signs on the road and people - especially locals, but anyone passing through Grafton - are becoming aware that something is going on at this location. Each time we've held the Grafton Free Market so far, it has gotten a little bigger. One local guy might park his car-for-sale there. The goal is to start making people aware that when my building is finished before the end of the year, there will be a new business in Grafton - one they'll already be somewhat familiar with.

When my store opens, I will want to sell anything that you make or any service you provide. If you make candles or picture frames or honey or jewelry or beer or shoes, etc., we can arrange for some inventory to be in the store and I'll sell it for you. If you sell a service, we can have brochures and information for you in the store. We'll also have a store on the web, so your products/services will have an even wider audience.

If you make or sell anything and want to participate, please contact me to make arrangements. I would love to promote porcupine entrepreneurs by helping them sell their stuff.

Thanks. :)

Russell Kanning

i likee the Grafton Gulch

Scott Roth

That sounds awesome, Mike.

Mike Barskey

Construction is progressing well. You can see images at GraftonGulch.com.

Our target date for completion of the building is October 31, though we're currently about a week behind schedule, I think. With only a couple months remaining before we open, I'm starting to collect inventory. If you make anything and want to sell it, please contact me (admin@graftongulch.com or (248) NO-STATE) so we can agree on terms and plan for transfer of inventory. If you make something perishable, please contact me so we can make an agreement and we'll work on transferring inventory once the store is ready to open. If you know anyone (porc or not) that makes something and wants to sell it, please ask them to check out GraftonGulch.com and contact me with any questions.

Thanks for helping me spread the word, and thanks even more for participating! I'm really excited to get The Gulch running (and not just the store, but the private club, too!).

Lloyd Danforth

I can't wait for the pool to open.

Tom Sawyer

I was just looking at the pictures of the construction yesterday... cool to hear of and see the progress.  :)

The real world projects are my favorite kind of activism...

Porc Manor, Winchestershire
Mark, Laura and Jackson's of Edgingtonton
Hoyt Farm
Chris' Place
Bunker Hill

I need campaign ribbons to commemorate... lol
Lasting efforts, helping folks get established are worthwhile.   8)

shyfrog

Lets not forget Bardo Farm

They have been the most impressive to me so far. Quiet, unassuming, un-broadcasted, and extremely productive.

I think they deserve some kudos!  :icon_pirat:

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: shyfrog on September 19, 2010, 11:11 AM NHFT
Lets not forget Bardo Farm

They have been the most impressive to me so far. Quiet, unassuming, un-broadcasted, and extremely productive.

I think they deserve some kudos!  :icon_pirat:

I can claim no braggin' rights as not having been personally involved... but, dude brag away.   :) 8)

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteLets not forget Bardo Farm

I think they deserve some kudos!

It's a good thing some of their residents are aiding in the construction of the Gulch!

Pat K

Hey no wonder there's no water pressure ,there's wires in these pipes!
Nuck Nuck.............

Russell Kanning

I could use more helpers to finish the place. We have less clear days to work with and some of my guys can't work all of them.
I pay in gold and $

Russell Kanning

we started building the big beam yesterday .... about 50'/78' done

Tom Sawyer

Packing the car, heading up the country.  ;D

Russell Kanning

you will be covering half of the Shire