• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Salt Lake morns death of Troll

Started by Jim Johnson, June 09, 2010, 12:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15260100

Salt Lake police dog dies of cancer

By Sheena McFarland

The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 06/09/2010 11:08:40 AM MDT

A Salt Lake City Police Department dog named Troll died Friday of cancer after 4½ years of police service.

The police dog was diagnosed with an untreatable tumor in mid-April, but the 5-year-old dog worked up through his last week of life -- catching four felony suspects, his last on the day before he died.

He was born in Germany in June 2004 and joined the police department in January 2006. He was assigned to Officer Cale Lennberg, under whom Troll earned certification in patrol and narcotics searches in April that same year.

Troll was a good narcotics dog, but excelled in tracking and searching for people, police said. He was used extensively for public education, K9 demonstrations and department meet-and-greets.

He was deployed 456 times to search for people or drugs and apprehended 71 suspects. He and Lennberg also earned more than 30 individual trophies in K9 trial competitions, including these top honors:

» 1st place Top Dog Utah Peace Officers Association (UPOA)

» 2010 1st place Tracking K9 UPOA

» 2010 1st place Top Dog UPOA

»2009 2nd place Top Dog Las Vegas

»2009 2nd place overall Narcotics K9 Las Vegas

»2009 1st place Top Dog UPOA

» 2007 1st place Top Dog West Valley K9 Trial 2007

Lloyd Danforth

We should come up with one of those meaningless (to practically everyone else), arbitrary awards programs for each other.

Jim Johnson

I am very concerned that they are hiring foreign dogs when American dogs are starving at dog pounds through out these great United States.

Buy the way...  I'm running for Top Tea Party Dog.    :)

I'm also quite concerned about the 2nd place Top Dog... isn't that just 2nd Dog.

Kat Kanning

This is what we do to the top dog in San Francisco:

http://topdoghotdogs.com/

Pat K

antijingoist