• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porc411 iPhone App, available

Started by antijingoist, June 11, 2010, 10:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

antijingoist

Well, I was sitting at home sick, and thought I'd learn some cocoa, and I did, and it worked!
And now there is a porc411 iPhone app on my iphone.
Anyone that has a jailbroken iphone can download it soon... I'll have instructions posted, etc.

Anyone interested in getting this in the appstore: it does cost $, but I can put advertising in the app, if you want to work out a trade: advertising for the money to pay apple to put this out.

Here are some pics:

Mike Barskey

Awesome! Want!

Will it alert you in the background with a sound or icon badge when a new call comes in?

antijingoist

Ill have it up later today.
Right now, there is now no background alerts, but iwant those to, so itll happen. 

thinkliberty

How do you get the porc411 calls?

Does your app check the rss feed every X minutes?  Or do you have a server that gets an email from porc411 and then you push the update from there?

I've been thinking about writing a android app...

antijingoist

here we go, a zipped ipa of porc411.
if you have a jailbroken phone, you may still need to install installd or appsync from cydia to get it on. both of these have the wonderful sideeffect of letting you drag unsigned apps to itunes and sync them to your device.
this is even a newer version than the one i put on freekeene... :D

antijingoist

Quote from: thinkliberty on June 12, 2010, 10:41 AM NHFT
How do you get the porc411 calls?

Does your app check the rss feed every X minutes?  Or do you have a server that gets an email from porc411 and then you push the update from there?

I've been thinking about writing a android app...

I'm reading in the rss feed. I wanna do push updates, but I haven't gotten there yet. Push would be fantastic.

Mike Barskey

I have Cydia on my jailbroken phone, as well as Rock, but for some reason Cydia quits after launch. In other words, I cannot install installd or appsync (Rock doesn't have them). :( So far, I can't install your app. :(

antijingoist

Mike Barskey

Quote from: antijingoist on June 16, 2010, 10:32 PM NHFT
Did you try adding http://cydia.hackulo.us to the rock repositories?

My Cydia still didn't work, so I reinstalled it using Blackra1n and then it worked. But searching it (and searching Rock) did not return a result for "installd" or "appsync." I manually added http://cydia.hackulo.us as a source to Rock and to Cydia, but still neither find installd or appsync.

antijingoist

I think they recently rolled installd into appsync...
after adding the repo and refreshing, there should be a hackulo.us section in cydia. If you are in grafton today and don't mind visiting us & our kid in lebanon, I could set it up for you. :) I did bring all my equipment with me too.

Mike Barskey

It finally worked. I had added cydia.hackulo.us to both Rock and Cydia but did not see any new groups or apps, and searches for appsync failed. So I added it to Cydia again and, though I again got "incorrect PGP key" errors and "repository not found" (or something like that) errors, this time it worked. Thanks.

I did not have time today to get to Lebanon anyway. I hope everyone is doing well!

antijingoist

I'm glad it works. I forgot about the pgp errors... :) Let me know what you think of the app. :)