• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Concord to Keene?

Started by Grunt, January 24, 2005, 09:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt

Good point. Does the FSP have any dedicated liason people laying siege to the state house in Concord? Would such an effort be worthwhile? Do the politicians genrally ignore FSP, or offer lip lip service then do whatever the hell they damn well please?

A few years ago I took a trip to D.C. to lobby for some Veterans legislation, was a real eye opener. Basically showed me that opposed to a phone call or fax, actually barging in on some congresscritter gets thier attention. Ive always imagined doing just that but on a weekly basis, with new legislative concepts to drop on staffers laps. Spoon feed them, as it were.

Russell Kanning

Since you like doing that sort of thing, I would recommend moving to Concord. We already have a few people there and will have more for the exact reasons you mentioned. The VP of the FSP Evan Nappen is moving to Bow (near Concord) this summer. Many of us will be visiting the state house for hearings and general troublemaking. On those occasions we will wish we lived there. For us in Keene, Concord is about an hour drive.:)

Grunt

Indeed! So there is a FSP presence in Concord proper?

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Scott Roth on January 24, 2005, 05:14 PM NHFT
Kat, do you have any idea who the two "Members" are?  I would love to contact them.

I can invite them to the next Monadnock Porcupines meeting.  I'll send them your contact infomation, too, if you like.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Grunt on January 24, 2005, 07:05 PM NHFT
Indeed! So there is a FSP presence in Concord proper?
NO physical office, just people are moving there too. :)

rothamerica

I would really appreciate that, Kat. ;D

rothamerica

Grunt, whatever part of NH you decide to settle down in, Lori and I will welcome you and be glad to work with you. 8)

AlanM

Quote from: Scott Roth on January 25, 2005, 05:58 PM NHFT
Grunt, whatever part of NH you decide to settle down in, Lori and I will welcome you and be glad to work with you. 8)

Same here. I suspect you will shake things up. Cool.  8)

FTL_Ian

Grunt,

Even though we don't agree on everything, I will still work with you, and you might even get to meet my lady.  We're both still moving in the same direction, regardless of your feelings toward immigrants.

Regards,
Ian

Grunt

Fair enough. We can agree to disagree. I am not opposed to immigration, yet all immigrants should be scrutinized carefully. I AM opposed to massive immigration on an illegal or otherwise scale. This perspective is gained from both the writing of the Founding Fathers and my own decade long exploration of South America, Asia, and currently Europe.

My only advice to you is go out and see at least some of the world before you carve yourself in stone. The stakes are high in this game, and its better to err on the side of caution.

Russell Kanning

Ian lives in Florida. I think he has seen immigrants. :)

Kat Kanning

I like Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song.  Does that count?

Grunt

I lived in Cocoa Beach, FLA for a year. Bizarre state, and town.

South America was alot more fun for hot latina action (dont tell my wife).