• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Party at Jerry's Place

Started by jerry, June 18, 2010, 11:01 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

brycen

Quote from: Pat K on June 20, 2010, 01:47 AM NHFT
Quote from: EthanLeeVita on June 20, 2010, 01:14 AM NHFT
I'll tag along with Russell.

Pat K: What mountains? I've never seen a mountain in New Hampshire so you must have been *very* lost.

Ethan don't become one of those
boring sorry ass western mountain snobs.

I have seen the Rockies and other mountains too.
Your not special.

If you keep this up I will be forced to belly bop you.

The mountains around Salt Lake City are impressive, because of how high they are, and how close to the city. My cousin's house a little to the south has tall close mountains to the north and to the east. Very inspiring view. Where I live we have some high mountains but they are farther away. Still, I wouldn't say NH has no mountains. Isn't Mt Washington the highest point in the 6 New England states?

By the way, there is a common idea here about people from Utah getting lost in other places because they are used to looking at the mountains to figure out directions. I think I can handle it, though, I lived in other places until 4 years ago.

KBCraig

Quote from: brycen on June 20, 2010, 07:36 PM NHFT
Isn't Mt Washington the highest point in the 6 New England states?

Highest in the entire northeast. The only mountains east of the Mississippi that are higher are in Tennessee and North Carolina.

Mike Barskey

Kat Kanning

Well, I know of one gal from Utah who seems to have trouble navigating here  :)

AntonLee

Quote from: Pat K on June 20, 2010, 12:05 AM NHFT
The regular dirt roads to your place from Hoyt
are fine.
The Road that go's directly over the mountain
that is not "maintained during the winter" is a bit of
a challenge in a grand Marquee.

I have found that road in the elantra.  It must have looked like my car lost its wheels and coasted up a sea of rocks and dirt.  It was still better than Upper Bay Road in Sanbornton, which is the worst road I've ever driven down.

K. Darien Freeheart

Riddle Hill Rd is friggin EVIL man... Keep to Kinsman.

AntonLee

someone over the weekend told me that NH mountains weren't mountains, just hills.

So I replied that if they were just hills then you wouldn't mind just walking over it.  Since it's so easy.

MaineShark

Quote from: AntonLee on June 28, 2010, 01:50 PM NHFTsomeone over the weekend told me that NH mountains weren't mountains, just hills.

They're just envious of our mature, stable mountains.  Those young punk mountains they have over there are all dancing around and whatnot and making a mess.  I like old rock... there's something comforting about solid ground.

Joe

jerry

Much ado about nothing.
You can stay on pavement all the way to my driveway.  (Of course, from the Hoyt farm it adds an extra 15 miles).

See you all tomorrow at 6.