• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcfest Has Begun

Started by Lloyd Danforth, June 20, 2010, 08:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/BerlinPDF/2010/6/22B.pdf

Liberty comes to Lancaster

LANCASTER — The Porcupine Freedom Festival takes place from June 24-27, at Roger's Campground in Lancaster. Now in its seventh year and hosted by the Free State Project (FSP), "PorcFest" brings together more than seven hundred liberty oriented people for a weekend of camping, with speakers, panel discussions, outdoor activities, live music, and more. The opening speaker is freedom philosopher Stefan Molyneux of Freedomain Radio, and the closing speaker is former governor of New Mexico, Gary Johnson of the Our America Initiative.

Admission costs $25 online (www.porcfest2010.com) and $30 at the door.

The Free State Project is an effort to recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire to shrink the size of government.

"We are looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of life, of all ages, creeds, and colors, who agree to the political philosophy that government exists at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else," said FSP President Varrin Swearingen.

On Thursday, June 24, Michael Badnarik, constitutional scholar and 2004 Libertarian presidential candidate will teach an eight hour immersion class on the U.S. Constitution. Tickets cost $100 and include a free copy of Mr. Badnarik's book Good to Be King. On Friday, June 25, Marc Stevens will teach "Adventures in Legal Land." Tickets are $70 and includes a criminal script and motion template. "We'll be working extensively with each and doing role-playing and mock trial proceedings," said Mr. Stevens.

Live radio interviews will be broadcast daily from Roger's Campground. In addition to nationally syndicated Free Talk Live with hosts Ian Freeman and Mark Edge, Ernest Hancock of Freedom Phoenix will broadcast two shows on Thursday and Friday for Republic Broadcasting Network and Liberty News Radio. Attendees are encouraged to be guests and to discuss issues important to them.

Outdoor activities include organized hikes, shooting with certified firearms instructors, Ultimate Frisbee, a horseshoe tournament, a climbing wall, and two afternoons of kids activities such as Porcupet Olympics and gymnastics. On Friday evening, Jordan Page will headline the live music extravaganza. Talks will be given on various subjects, including the NH Constitution, the role of the Ladies of Liberty Alliance, "Inside the Legislative Process with Joel Winters," "Effective Marketing on a Shoestring Budget," and the NH Liberty Alliance will speak about their role in holding local government accountable.

Theme camps are encouraged and a prize will be given for the best camp. On Saturday night, after the Ladies of Liberty One Pot Cook-Off, preregistered contestants will take to the stage for Soapbox Idol. Loosely based on American Idol, contestants have three minutes to rant and try to win over the crowd and panel of judges.

"Soapbox Idol was a runaway success last year," said PorcFest organizer, Carla Gericke. "The competition this year is going to be fierce! Our goal with this year's PorcFest was to highlight both nationally recognized liberty luminaries, and our in-state activists. Porcupines--activists who have already made the move to NH--will host various events, from activist training sessions, to Ladies' Night Karaoke." Asked why the Porcupine was the Free State Project's mascot, Ms. Gericke said: "Porcupines are peaceful creatures, but you don't want to tread on one."

For more information about the Porcupine Freedom Festival and to buy tickets, visit www.porcfest2010.com.

jerry

Ice Cream Social to benefit  Scholars Academy

jerry

Bagging information packets

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 21, 2010, 09:34 AM NHFT
Agorist Alley Monday Morning.  Jerry wanted to post this, but is having trouble with the Underground Forum.
they are in hiding until you say the magic words
"I can pay in gold or silver"

Russell Kanning

cool pictures
i like the article furnished by the porcfest crew

my schedule for Saturday:
Dale's pancakes to start the day
bang on the the red cabin door to wake up jason and jason
i will be openly carrying a water pistol, so i can go to war with the assassin kids :)
some agorist alley time
Pimp my activism
olympics
pot debate
photo
state-free weddings
liberty ladies cookoff
soap box idol
jason and jason wake up for the party

KBCraig

Does Lloyd manage to get in every photo?

jerry

Quote from: KBCraig on June 22, 2010, 09:25 PM NHFT
Does Lloyd manage to get in every photo?

OK, you caught me.  I confess, Lloyd and I are the only ones here.  Everyone else is Photoshopped in.   ;)

muni

Thanks for the pictures - see you tomorrow ..

Coconut

Can I please have a report on the status of the showers?

Thanks.

jerry

Quote from: Coconut on June 22, 2010, 09:56 PM NHFT

Thanks.

The one in my trailer works fine.
I can ask one of the  tent campers tomorrow how their's are. :)

KBCraig

I have looked at the weather forecast, here versus there, and now I have to confess that I hate you all.

Tom Ploszaj

Quote from: Coconut on June 22, 2010, 09:56 PM NHFT

Thanks.

the showers near tent sites  #76 are tiled, clean, hot, good size but clean water off a warm roof would be enough for me

Free libertarian

It rained last night, intermittently this morning.  Everything is looking green and perky.   ;)

jerry

jerry

Organizing Porcfest is driving Carla to drink.