• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Peaceful Assembly Church

Started by John, June 25, 2010, 08:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Next Friday (the 18th) is the last Friday of Fall which means its time for our very last Friday Family Fun Night Fall Field Trip of 2010, which takes us to the best little family contra dance I've found:
http://www.myspace.com/woodstockthirdfridaydance
Folks can car pool from here or meet there.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: John on December 11, 2010, 08:04 PM NHFTI'm sure that unwrapped is the norm for this sort of thing...
I have found that unwrapped toys are normal for government gift drives, but wrapped (with notes for appropriate recipient) are normal for church gift drives.

John

Thanks for that info.

One donor went to the store right away and came right here from the store with unwrapped toys, which was very generous of him. Tracey will be happy to wrap them. It's probably also a "Yankee swap" so the individual recipient would not be know.

John

Free

Peaceful Assembly comfort food this Monday & Wednesday, 4:30ish to 5:30ish. (Maybe next week also.)

This is a celebration of Peaceful Assembly Church establishing it's 1st physical home here in Grafton, six months ago.

All Peaceful people are wellcome.

Russell Kanning

John

Quote from: John on December 18, 2010, 08:20 PM NHFT
Free

Peaceful Assembly comfort food this Monday & Wednesday, 4:30ish to 5:30ish. (Maybe next week also.)

I neglected to mention above that the opportunity exists for folks to stay afterwards and either take part in the warm up to our Winter Workshops series or (if it is meant to be) to take part in discusing Tolstoy's book, "The Kingdom of God Is within You."

Russell Kanning

John

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

John

Kat Kanning

John

Well anyway, last night was fun - and our latest night here yet by far.
Conversation was all over the place from the quite mundane to quite the opposite of mundane.
Thanks to those who came by.

The (6th lunar-versary) celebration continues with more free comfort food on Wednesday. I'll prepare some as vegetarian. I'm hoping a vegetarian friend will join us. BTW, that is always easy for me to do so if you prefer vegetarian just give the word in advance.

It is unlikely that we will go so late this time.

John

Clara Isley is coming to Peaceful Assembly Church tommorrow at 5:30pm to give a very brief presentation about her "Freedom of Conscience Petition." She says that her talk should only take about 5 or 10 min. and then we can talk about it, and give her some ideas regarding possible future changes to the wording.
I personally have some issues with the petition, but have nonetheless signed.

I will make a batch of Peaceful Assembly Comfort food (this batch will be long grain brown rice, pork, one or more veggies, and tomato sauce - vegetarian orders in advance welcome) and I'll share it with those who want to pitch in. I'll start serving at about 4:30ish.

As always, the Peaceful Assembly Church is open to all Peaceful people.
Please come and join us.