• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Peaceful Assembly Church

Started by John, June 25, 2010, 08:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Thanks. Lloyd's should be fine.

John

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 28, 2010, 04:42 PM NHFT
QuoteWaiter... there are snails on her plate.
;D

So are you and the family going to make it? Or, are you just going to throw in a few random lines from waaay over there?
I hope you can make it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I may need to start a separate thread for favorite lines from "The Jerk."

Tom Sawyer

We would like to John... however our wings are clipped pretty short these days.  I would like to help out up there sometime though.  :)

Mike Barskey

I heard Russell call it Shire Services. I like that name.

Pat McCotter

Sounds like the Mower Gang in Detroit. Their motto is "Winning Detroit's Other Turf War."

The Mower Gang cleans up Detroit

Kat Kanning

I nominate the name 'Fred' for the group.  :P

Russell Kanning

well that worked well
a few guys helped clean up at the church getting ready for the grafton apple festival
it was part of the shire society
closely related to shire services
but unnamed

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

Movie night following family fun night this week.  The movie is The Jerk with Steve Martin.  Movie's been received  :)

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 01, 2010, 06:44 PM NHFT
The movie is The Jerk with Steve Martin.  Movie's been received  :)

And downloaded. It might be easier to hook a laptop up to the projector in the "movie room" than a DVD player - not sure. I'll bring it just in case.

Looking forward to it.

Russell Kanning

if it is not raining then i need to play a little basketball
if it is raining how about games then early movie?

John

Sounds good to me - though I'm thinking about a little 4 square.  ;D

Let's also chalk some lines again (and talk about what might be the correct measurements for our purposes) so I can get a better sense of how the parking lot might be arranged when we put down the pavement paint which I have bought. We might also talk about the placemen of some  of the "parking lot blocks" which I have acquired.

We could start the movie as early as it is dark enough. I think we told people 8:00? So if we know that someone is planning on coming at 8:00 let's give them a chance to arrive. But yes earlier sounds good to me.

Maybe we can also take an intermission to finish up some of the pot luck stuff - if any is left.  :o

Mike Barskey

I have The Jerk on my computer, in case it's difficult to hook a DVD player up to the projector. And I have the projector, though I can give it to John during the day today. I will be there sometime between 7:00p and 8:00p tonight.

Russell Kanning

John

That was fun! Thanks to everyone who came - and especially to Mike Barskey who offered the original suggestion of a Movie Night at the church and for his continued "encouragement" in that direction.