• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Peaceful Assembly Church

Started by John, June 25, 2010, 08:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

I try to spelling out the word in the Google Box. It tries to guess the word you are looking for.

John

I been told by numerous people that the church looks very nice with all the little lights in the windows.
I agree.

John

Winter Weekend Workshop.

Peaceful Assembly Church is considering hosting the showing of "Lost Christianities: Christian Scriptures and the Battle over Authentication," one of "The Great Courses" produced by "The Teaching Company."
It is taught by Professor Bart D. Ehrman of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is 24 lectures/30 minutes per lecture. We could do one or two lectures each week on Sunday mornings. But, we may decide that afternoon, evening, or even a different weekend day is better.

Peaceful Assembly Church is also considering other full courses and selected lectures from various other courses as part of a Winter Weekend Workshop. More info soon ...

I look forward to feedback about possible interest, particularly regarding time of showing, etc.

PM me, email me, or post interest here.

KBCraig

Quote from: John on November 26, 2010, 08:36 PM NHFT
Winter Weekend Workshop.

Peaceful Assembly Church is considering hosting the showing of "Lost Christianities: Christian Scriptures and the Battle over Authentication," one of "The Great Courses" produced by "The Teaching Company."
It is taught by Professor Bart D. Ehrman of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is 24 lectures/30 minutes per lecture. We could do one or two lectures each week on Sunday mornings. But, we may decide that afternoon, evening, or even a different weekend day is better.

I don't know anything about the professor or the course or any conclusions drawn, but it's a great topic for discussion.

John

Been previewing some of the courses for the Winter Weekend Workshops.

Lots of possibilities as far as scheduling ... So far, leaning towards late afternoons and/or early evenings.

John

Quote from: John on November 12, 2010, 10:16 PM NHFTthe Bible Study and the Nonviolence Class would have first choice of times in such a winter schedule.

We/I neglected to put a 15 min. buffer between choir practice and our "Set The Captives Free" Nonviolence Class.  :duh:
If people want to do extra choir/music stuff they are definitely very welcome to come early and do it on the early side, or they can pick it back up after the Nonviolence Class.
The Nonviolence Class starts at 7:00.  :fingerscrossed:

John

Just found this picture while poking around the interwebs: http://www.concordmonitor.com/photo/bible-study-at-peaceful-assembly-church-1
This is the picture that I told Kira (and maybe others) that I felt certain would make the paper.

John

There is just a bit of small talk in Grafton that because Peaceful Assembly Church does not have deep connections into the comunity some are showing quite a lusting to try to nip our little church in the bud.

A select few are rumored to even be calling for a tax on our church.

I have not really focused any energy towards that negative possibility, but things will definitely get interesting if people start messing with our church, and thereby also the 212 year tradition of this building.

It will be interesting to see who stands on which side.
I was warned before I began that if we started seriously preaching TRUE PEACE some people will begin to attack right away. Maybe tax season is the first time that the haters get to try to use the government to do their attacking for them.

Anyway, if it happens, my reaction will also be interesting; whatever I decide that reaction will be.
The first 2 things that will likely happen are that the board will meet and a PORC411 will go out - not necessarily in that order.

Just a heads up on some small talk ....  :peace:

Sam A. Robrin

Maybe someone would be willing to act as sexton.
And with a title like that, you can probably find some young guy to agree to take the job before he even finds out what it is...!

John

Oh, I failed to report it here earlier that on the other hand there are others in Grafton who think enough of us that Peaceful Assembly Church was asked (just yesterday) to help out with gathering Christmass gifts for children. I only had posted it on the Graftom forum without details of drop off times etc. and already some gifts have arrived.

Kidda glad I forgot to post this here earlier. That way I'm ending on a positive note.

John

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on December 11, 2010, 05:48 PM NHFT
Maybe someone would be willing to act as sexton.
And with a title like that, you can probably find some young guy to agree to take the job before he even finds out what it is...!

Hey now, just wait a minute there. I'm the full-time caretaker around here. Was someone thinking don't look enough like as sexton to have the title?  ;D

TalleyTV

John:

That's good news. FreeGrafton.com would like to do a story about the Peaceful Assembly Church's involvement in collecting gifts for kids in need.

When and where can people make donations? What (if any) are the requirements for donations (new / used, under a certain $ limit, etc.). Any other details, like the primary organizer for the toy drive, would be appreciated.

Jason

John

Thanks for your interest.
This is all happening very last minute as you can tell. We are scrambling to get some details... age of kids? number of kids? value of gifts? all unknown to me. I'm sure that unwrapped is the norm for this sort of thing...who will do wrapping? when?
Grafton Forum may be first place I find out more ... Two ladies will be here tomorrow to make posters.

"Officially" (meaning what will be on the poster) drop off at this church will be Monday and Wednesday from 4:30 to 6:30 and call 523-7111 for other times. Quite by surprise, some gifts have already arrived here.

Other places and times will be confirmed tomorrow. Almost certainly the old Town Hall on Turnpike Road on Tuesday and Thursday at the same times.

TalleyTV

Sounds good, John. I'm crossing my fingers that the age limit will include 36 year olds and that someone drops off a terabyte hard drive. If so, DIBS!

John

I was thinking a gift that works well for most everyone is a box of crayons:
http://www.quotegarden.com/crayons.html