• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Peaceful Assembly Church

Started by John, June 25, 2010, 08:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I think your flag might help someone to decide to not harm others.
I like the purple better than the yellow also.

John

Thanks for the feedback guys. I noticed an H in there (again – so not just I who does that :) ) after posting this in several places. I'm thinking its an error. I've emailed it's creator, but haven't heard back yet. I kinda like that he used "DO NOT" rather than "DON'T" in his design. His design also inspires me to think of other possibilities in design.

Original concept (about 2+ years ago) for the "Peace gadsden" was to look very much like the yellow Gadsdens; just replacing the snake or porcupine with a dove. Then the idea developed further, and is still developing.
Peaceful Assembly Church will likely always stick with Purple (we're promoting "All Shades of Purple for PEACE") but, I can also imagine this idea over other flags: particularly; the anarcho-pacifist/christian-anarchist and Buddhist-pacifist flags.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: John on October 03, 2011, 08:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: John on October 02, 2011, 06:18 AM NHFTWe want to lean from each other

:o When one guy pointed at this on the paper so as to bring it to my attention, I said; "Oh my! That was suppossed to say "on."  ;D

Here's an obscurity I'll bet you didn't know: If it was intended to say "learn from each other," it should actually be "from one another," if more than two. 

KBCraig

This quote made me think of John.  :)

John

Thanks. I posted the pic to facebug.

KBCraig

Kat Kanning

This has some resources you might like:

http://peace.mennolink.org/index.html

We're going to a Mennonite church now.

John

Thanks... I'll read more later... I've seen some of their clip art before...

:o Mennonite? - inspire by JP I presume.  ;D - obviously kidding.

Peace & Metta

Tom Sawyer

It's cuz Russell liked their cool hats.  :D

Russell Kanning

the guys at our church don't wear the hats .... but the beards are seen around town a lot. I guess the beards mean you are married.
That means you have gotten hitched for the guys in the man cave.

John

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 20, 2011, 03:29 PM NHFT
I think your flag might help someone to decide to not harm others.
I like the purple better than the yellow also.

;D
Being used by some "libertarian left" folks heading to a Peace conference in southern NE...

John

Changes in organizational structure are under consideration as we move toward the second anniversary of opening our Peaceful Assembly Church doors here in Grafton Center.
MANY MANY ideas will be sorted through in the next three months.

We look forward to hearing from folks who care about, and have ideas regarding, the sustainability of the Peaceful Assembly Church mission, "To foster Peace as prescribed by God."

Also, under consideration are issues regarding maintaining this historic property as a "Common Ground" community asset into the future - during my lifetime - - - and well beyond.

If you want to (or know others who may want to) take part, you know where to find us.

Peace,
John

Russell Kanning

The Forgiveness Key from Bruce Wilkinson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhahvUd4Bzg

This is a short clip. I liked some of his others even better. I like all of his stuff. :)

John

Cool. Good tip.
4Giveness is "the tip" of the iceberg. :)

I have seen people changing physically (outwardly) as they begin to "get it."
Its wonderful seeing people learn to 4give. So few need much more than a bit of guidance. And when it is so apparent on the outside, you know that inside the healing miracle is happening.

He calls 4giveness a key. :)
I tell people 4giveness is actually THE master key, because it unlocks almost all problems.

KBCraig

As the saying goes, anger is letting someone else live rent-free in your head.

Forgiveness is the opposite of that.

There are people who have wronged me, from whom I have to admit I have envisioned extracting revenge. Fantasized, even. Perchance, even dreamed up plans.

In the end, I always knew that even if I could get away scot-free, legally speaking, the burden on my soul would be too great a price to pay.

For one particular sumbitch, the one who has created the greatest temptation, I have entrusted revenge to Karma or God or his own lonely crushing guilt, which is of his own creation. He knows what he did. He's suffering the consequences every single day. A news report of blowing his own brains out would not surprise me, nor would a report of being caught up in a vice sting and facing decades in prison.

I feel sad for him. I actually hope he doesn't get what he deserves, but I won't mourn if he does.