• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Peaceful Assembly Church

Started by John, June 25, 2010, 08:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Finally made it to the peak...

Jim Johnson

It looks really good, John.   :)

Tom Sawyer

Indeed,  :)  I bet that was challenging.

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Cool
So that is what 'you guys' were doing with the bucket truck :-)

John

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Tax filings by an organization are not what determines whether donations are deductible. Check with your tax advisor.
When I was a tax advisor at H&R Block they told us that donations to any non profit were deductible if nothing of value was received. They also said it was customary for the IRS to not question donations to churches.

KBCraig

Tom Sawyer

Give it to the F'n town. I would hope that the ghost of John Connell would haunt their asses.

Russell Kanning

yea
particularly crazy when the town didn't want the property for free before John bought it
but once you buy it ... they want to tell you how to manage it
looks like they have made it their problem

Free libertarian

The town and state (using collectivists terms for a moment here) want to punish people for disobedience.

It's the only tool in their toolbox. 

In hindsight John should have kept the church, never "given" it away and followed thru on his plan to peacefully disobey.   I think he wanted to follow thru with his disobedience, but couldn't muster the will do it and it troubled him. That's understandable, since disobedience can be lonely, scary and carrries consequences.     

Not a condemnation of John, but had he kept the church and not asked government if he could pretty please not pay them, most likely the disobedience would have borne more fruit.   

Easy for me to say, but I felt that way when he "gave" control of the church to a board.    Of course we all know, neither John or the church board has ever really had control of the church....right or wrong...that power still resides with the town and state.   Which is being played out now.

Russell Kanning

exactly
and most people were probably telling John to be reasonably and do things the normal pro-government way