• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FSP Sedition

Started by Friday, October 23, 2005, 01:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

If Ian is getting 13% of of the new recruits why don't they just double his $500.  Esp if Bob Hull is writing a personal check...the FSP could give FTL another $500.

Hell they could even tell FTL we will pay you per signup.

JonM

And a forum! Don't forget the forum . . . where replies to this thread might be more apt.

Dave Ridley

If nothing else, a major rebellion within the FSP membership would generate attention.

As always, I offer my little FSP sig as moral support:

"It is the duty of every free stater to protect the FSP from its leadership."

Dave Ridley

I agree that the main focus could simply be to get them to stand for election.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: JonM on October 23, 2005, 06:43 PM NHFT
And a forum! Don't forget the forum . . . where replies to this thread might be more apt.

Sandy posted the same thing there. ?Jason didn't have time to read the whole post.

AlanM

Quote from: sung on October 23, 2005, 07:11 PM NHFT
I think "we" should start out by agreeing to never persue any sort of tax-exempt status.

Sung, this is outrageous, we agree!!!!!

AlanM

Quote from: sung on October 23, 2005, 07:21 PM NHFT
* sung gets out the rum and coke and celebrates.

*AlanM has a good brown ale to celebrate*

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: AlanM on October 23, 2005, 03:48 PM NHFT
I have to agree with Fiday about Jason's moving to Buffalo, and Amanda going to law school. Here you have the founder and President of the FSP who are giving a bad impression to prospective participants. If the desire for Freedom is the motivating factor for joining the FSP, then why are they not here in NH?

I'm not sure how, while going to law school, Amanda would have time for any other activity, but, to her credit, she is good at recruiting face to face. ?Perhaps she should be 'FSP ambassador at large' instead of President.

AlanM

Quote from: sung on October 23, 2005, 07:23 PM NHFT
It's funny that the FSP leadership has become a model example of what their initial mission statement sought to put an end to.

Just another example of the old saying, "Power corrupts"

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Scott Roth on October 23, 2005, 07:27 PM NHFT
Pumpkin Ale, anyone?

You know, it just doesn't sound like a good idea.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 23, 2005, 07:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: JonM on October 23, 2005, 06:43 PM NHFT

Sandy posted the same thing there. ?Jason didn't have time to read the whole post.

I guess he didn't have time to read (or, at least, respond to) my reply when someone suggested Jason go on the Daily Show.

Re: Daily Show
? Reply #9 on: Today at 03:39:33 PM ?   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We should think of getting Jason Sorens on the daily show as a guest. Then John wouldn't have to rip us apart, he could agree with us. Think... everyone is sick of the overspending on hurricane Katrina, then Jason comes on and says "yep, you can escape that gross overspending of your taxdolalrs by coming to newhampshire" People would DEFINATLY get lined up behind us then!

Lloyd Danforth (lloydbob1)
FSP Participant

Re: Daily Show
? Reply #10 on: Today at 04:38:02 PM ?     

I can see John Stewart saying: " Lets see if I have this right, you propose 20,000 people leave everything, and move to New Hampshire to fight for freedom......and yet you just moved from Connecticut to New York and bought a house....have I got that correct?"

JonM

Quote from: sung on October 23, 2005, 06:49 PM NHFT
Well, you know how posts get deleted there if people start expressing their real opinions.
Almost no posts get deleted there nowadays.  If I'm going to let BTP have his say, I'm going to let participants have far more of their say.

kater

Quote from: katdillon on October 23, 2005, 03:26 PM NHFT
Adam's appointment to the board was the real reason I washed my hands of the FSP.  Adam is a purist to a rediculous degree.  He argues FOREVER against most action.  Nice guy, but impossible to work with and he is crippling the organization by even being involved in their discussions. 

Kat,

I usually avoid speaking for Adam because he's pretty capable of speaking for himself, but in this instance, I've got to have my say.

You have never understood the point of his actions, and I think it's really sad and frustrating that a person who wants to act freely (you) should continually attack a person (Adam) who's worked tirelessly to make sure that you can do whatever you want without the need for an FSP stamp of approval.  That's the entire point of asking you to speak for yourself only; and it's why when I act, I don't pretend to do so on behalf of an entire organization.  I couldn't agree more that individual action is key to the success of this movement--but it's the freedom to act individually that allows us to do so with integrity. 

Going back to what I think was the genesis of this stupid argument, I would hope that you could understand the difference between adopting a NH road in the name of the FSP and adopting it in your own name.  Hell, adopt it for Monadnock Porcupines.  I wouldn't have disagreed with you, and I doubt he would have either.  If you can't see the distinction, God help you.

Kate

Lloyd Danforth

In retrospect, the whole 'what should or should not be done in the name of the FSP' argument  is small potatoes in the death throws of the organization per it's ability to recruit.

AlanM

You know, when the NH Republican or Democratic Party takes a stance on an issue, the National Parties do not disavow them, (except once in a while, but not generally speaking).
What is the Free State Project? If it is merely a bus, then we can hire greyhound, for Christ's sake. Is it about Freedom? Then why hide the candle under a bushel?