• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Electrician or gravel supplier recommendations?

Started by ptb, June 29, 2010, 09:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ptb

We're building a house in Grafton and are looking for recommendations for a reputable electrician and also a gravel supplier (looking to compare quotes).  Anyone have good or bad experiences with either?

- Peter

MaineShark

Shoot me an email (or private message) and I'll give you some leads.

Joe

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

I know Frank's can bring your various kinds of rocks for your driveway

Free libertarian

There is no prohibition in NH that prevents the homeowner from wiring his own house.  Yesterday when we spoke you mentioned the power company "wanted an electrician".  I wonder if you misconstrued that.  The power company may want a "licensed" electrician to hook their wire to your service entrance (where the power enters your meter and house) but be okay with you wiring it elsewhere as long as you are code compliant.   I'm not trying to make up your mind for you, just wanted you to have the opportunity to save some money. 

I'm betting their are a couple people that would let you borrow some wiring books and uh "hand you the right tools" if you were to wire your own house.    If I'm mistaken and National Grid won't work with you unless you hire an expensive licensed electrician,  you have my permission to tell them to pound sand.    My electrical company rises every day and sets every evening, I could put in a good word for you if you want to consider that route.  So far my company hasn't sent me a monthly bill either.   8)

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

There are times when he wishes he were on the 'wire'.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 09, 2010, 06:25 AM NHFT
solar snob

Solar Snob...  ;D   Dang Russell did you just coin a new name for Solar Bob?   ;D ;D ;D