• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porc Fest Visitor

Started by bigmike, June 30, 2010, 10:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmike

There's a guy named Josh that's hanging out in Manchester for a few days and would like to make his way north to visit some other areas in the state.

He made a good first impression with a lot of us here and I know he mentioned he was interested in looking at self-sufficient communities or a place where he could trade work on someone's land to spend time there. He has a tent he could sleep in.

I told him I wasn't qualified to talk about the Bardo Project because I've never been there but I thought I remember reading some of the Graftonites were willing to let people camp on their land in exchange for work. Also, there's a similar project in Henniker I learned about at PorcFest.

Renniks can give him a ride to Dartmouth or drop him off in Lebanon on his way to work, so getting Josh up that way from Manch isn't a problem if somebody could pick him up from a restaurant or something.

If someone is willing to host this guy for a week or so and doesn't already have my cell number send me a private message. Like I said, he made a good first impression and he seems able-bodied to do manual labor as all or part of paying for crash space.

MaineShark

Is that the Josh who was carrying a 1911 left-handed, or a different Josh? (curious, since that's the only Josh I met, but it's not exactly an uncommon name, so there may have been others)

If he wants to check out Nahthwood, we'd be happy to show him around.

Joe

bigmike

Not sure if it's the same guy. I'll pass along your message Joe.

MaineShark

Doesn't really matter if it is. :)  Just curious, since then I'd know who was being discussed.

Joe

Russell Kanning

does this guy have a phone or access to the internet to contact the rest of us?

bigmike

i believe he does. should i have him contact you?

Russell Kanning

i don't have anything great to tell him, but he could contact some of the gang here
he  can also check out the bloggers at freegrafton.com now :)