• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Property Tax Revolt?

Started by FTL_Ian, April 24, 2005, 09:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankChodorov

QuoteActually land values would be going down too

can you please explain to me using basic economic theory how something can go down in value when the supply is fixed and the demand continues to rise as populations rise?

tracysaboe

Quote from: Dreepa on July 21, 2006, 02:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: tracysaboe on July 21, 2006, 01:51 PM NHFT

Yeah. I've only got about $5,000 equity right now.

And I've got a decent amount of credit card debt from my young stupid years I've got to get rid of.

Still looking at 2010 at my target year.

And to answer the question. I'm actually planning on moving th Grafton at this point.

TRacy
I thought you were waiting til you had the house paid off before you moved.
Hell if that is all the equity you might as well sell now and move now.

Well, here I'm able to accelerate my debt by an extra $1,500/month.  I'm not convinced I'd be capible of doing that in New Hampshire -- where property values are higher, especially with the costs of moving.

I wouldn't be much use to you there, if I'm saddled with debt.

I've got to build up some capital first. And that means getting rid of the $10,000 CC debt and paying my house off.

This is going to take me between 4-5 years depending on what other emergencies we have along the way.

Tracy

Caleb

What if you saved money and started a business here in the free state.  Would that cut some time off your journey?

Be a shame to secede while you're living in SD

tracysaboe

That would be a shame.

Of course if NH was a completely tax free haven from the Feds, it'd be easier to make a living their and easier to make the move.

Tracy

tracysaboe

lildog

Quote from: tracysaboe on July 20, 2006, 09:39 PM NHFT
Well if they're wealthy enough, they might be able to higher private security and private gaurds.

So in other words, get a group of people to chip in together to hire someone to protect their property... Tracy, we already have that.  It's called the police department.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: lildog on September 20, 2006, 03:36 PM NHFT
So in other words, get a group of people to chip in together to hire someone to protect their property... Tracy, we already have that.  It's called the police department.

Oh?  Where's my service agreement?

error

I was never asked to chip in to hire the police... They just threatened to send their boys around if I didn't "chip in."

PinoX7

Quote from: tracysaboe on July 20, 2006, 09:39 PM NHFT
Well if they're wealthy enough, they might be able to higher private security and private gaurds.

How much do you think a rent-a-cop job like that would pay?

CNHT

Quote from: error on September 20, 2006, 08:16 PM NHFT

I was never asked to chip in to hire the police... They just threatened to send their boys around if I didn't "chip in."

Just like the mafia. And they do it with the schools too. Whether we want it or not.