• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Social Security Card Burn

Started by Russell Kanning, October 24, 2005, 07:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

Quote from: russellkanning on December 11, 2005, 08:20 AM NHFT
I think I need an official friend of Shorty nickname to give the government, if they ever ask me my name.

"Caleb Johnson".  ;D

Dreepa

So I just bought oil for the first time in NH.
They came and filled the tank yesterday.
I paid with a credit card.
They also left a letter saying I need to give them my SSN.  There was also a note that said if I don't give my SSN then it is cash only from now on.

I can't wait until Monday to call them!  If they get a cc why do they need my social.  Looks like I will be getting a new oil company.

FTL_Ian

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

We can even offer to people that if they burn their card in NH ..... we can film it and send it out. :)

nowright

Great thread. I just discovered this today. I've lived for over ten years without a number. Other than just hassles, the main problem has been getting a bank account since the Patriot Act was passed. I'd love to know the bank where you opened your account.

Thanks,

Mel

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on December 04, 2005, 08:17 AM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on December 04, 2005, 12:41 AM NHFT
Quote from: TackleTheWorld on December 02, 2005, 06:14 PM NHFT
Yep. 
This summer I signed up for utilities, got a bank account, and got arrested and didn't tell any my SSN. 

For those seeking privacy John Edgar Hoover's SSN is a popular alternative : 577-60-1114.

How many banks did you go through before finding one that was open minded?

I went to one bank.  At first they told me to bring in my SS card, but the second time I tried, they didn't ask for it.  The utilities settled for my driver's licence number.  The prison was quite insistant, but finally gave up after two weeks and let me go.

Kat Kanning

nowright

Quote from: katdillon on January 12, 2006, 04:34 AM NHFT
Welcome, nowright!

Thanks Kat,

I've lurked on the FSP forums on and off (mostly off) for some time now, but seems that all the action is here. I am very interested in your progress and may make it back up to NH this summer (I'm in Louisville, KY). 

I am especially interested in the trails and travails off the non-enumerated.

Mel

Russell Kanning

At this point we don't have any real advantages to living in NH and having no ss# except for the encouragement and support of friends. Maybe later we can make this a safe haven for free people.

nowright

Quote from: russellkanning on January 12, 2006, 12:24 PM NHFT
At this point we don't have any real advantages to living in NH and having no ss# except for the encouragement and support of friends. Maybe later we can make this a safe haven for free people.

Well, I hadn't expected any advantage, other than you have a network of like minded committed people. It's much easier to fight together than alone.  I'm sure that it will bear fruit someday.  It's nice to see something other than just another debate society.

Mel

president

All the people who burned there ss card, and aren't going to use the number any more should post it, so others can use it.
If you don't want it, others do. Give it up!

Russell Kanning

We do plenty of debating too .... but we are saying "no" to the government in a couple of areas. We have also met a really interesting group of freedom lovers in NH. It will keep growing and spreading and splitting up and causing all kinds of grief for the rotten government. :)

free55

Quote from: dead president on January 12, 2006, 12:42 PM NHFT
All the people who burned there ss card, and aren't going to use the number any more should post it, so others can use it.
If you don't want it, others do. Give it up!

I'm just looking for a 3 and a 7--don't need the whole thing.  (My phone is missing the 3 and the 7 buttons.)