• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Social Security Card Burn

Started by Russell Kanning, October 24, 2005, 07:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Here is his reply:

Why don't you call me at 230-3740.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: president on November 04, 2005, 01:27 PM NHFT
True, but he did say:

Quote from: russellkanning on November 04, 2005, 11:45 AM NHFT
My wife has a concealed carry permit by I don't, so I will
just openly carry my weapon.

And the concealed carry permit is a "pistol/revolver license".
I don't know about these kinds of technicalities. I will be carrying a pitchfork, but I will follow the regs for guns. I will try not to brandish it. 8)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on November 04, 2005, 10:53 AM NHFT
Great job, Roger!

One suggestion... on the "Feel like a number? You are!" signs, I'd suggest a change in font, style, or coloring between the two halfs of the phrase. At first glance, it runs on a little. It needs more emphasis on the "You are! (a number)" part.

Kevin

I can't seem to find another font that doesn't soften the "You Are!" text. Here is with red instead.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kat Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: russellkanning on November 04, 2005, 04:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: president on November 04, 2005, 01:27 PM NHFT
True, but he did say:

Quote from: russellkanning on November 04, 2005, 11:45 AM NHFT
My wife has a concealed carry permit by I don't, so I will
just openly carry my weapon.

And the concealed carry permit is a "pistol/revolver license".
I don't know about these kinds of technicalities. I will be carrying a pitchfork, but I will follow the regs for guns. I will try not to brandish it. 8)

I think the pitch fork is great... really strong visual. :) Plus the peasant uprising comic flavor. It has me giggling. The slightly absurd is just the ticket to getting the right kind of reaction. Instead of the wacked out 'militia' image.

Some among this forum seem all to happy to agitate when it isn't their liberty at stake. The objective of an event like this is to illuminate, catch the proper attention from
the comfortably numb masses.

Russell Kanning

So just Sandy Roger and us so far?

FTL_Ian

Kat,

In regards to the press release and the stated purpose of the event, I think it's confusing to burn SS cards in protest of national ID.  Most people don't know about National ID, and don't think it's that bad of an idea, unfortunately.

Why not burn the SS cards in protest of the SS program?  In protest of confiscation of 15% of someone's paycheck into a communist wealth redistribution scheme?

Either way, I think the event will go off fine, but I feel like there is a disconnect between the National ID and SS card.

JonM

Then make the connect.  Most people only see half the money and they probably think they'll actually get it back.

Kat Kanning

Sent press release to Keene Sentinel, Manchester Union Leader and The Wire.

Signed,
The Media Whore.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 04, 2005, 05:56 PM NHFT
Kat,

In regards to the press release and the stated purpose of the event, I think it's confusing to burn SS cards in protest of national ID.? Most people don't know about National ID, and don't think it's that bad of an idea, unfortunately.

Why not burn the SS cards in protest of the SS program?? In protest of confiscation of 15% of someone's paycheck into a communist wealth redistribution scheme?

Either way, I think the event will go off fine, but I feel like there is a disconnect between the National ID and SS card.

Here is a sign for you Ian... be there or be square ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: katdillon on November 04, 2005, 08:37 PM NHFT
Sent press release to Keene Sentinel, Manchester Union Leader and The Wire.

Signed,
The Media Whore.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I think 'Media Slut' would descibe -more accurately- our motivation. ^-^

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Roger Grant on November 04, 2005, 08:37 PM NHFT

Awesome sign, but I'm square on this.  I'm trying to buy a place in NH, and money is real tight.  Commercial loans are 20% down.

Interestingly, when I told one realtor that I was moving as part of the FSP she mentioned that her son was Libertarian, and is a journalist.  She, unsolicited, told me that she belived she was coming around to our side after what Bush and the republicans have done.

What are the odds if I was calling a realtor down here in FL I would randomly get a that kind of response?

NH is awesome.   ;D

Russell Kanning

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 05, 2005, 12:45 AM NHFT
Quote from: Roger Grant on November 04, 2005, 08:37 PM NHFT

Awesome sign, but I'm square on this.? I'm trying to buy a place in NH, and money is real tight.? Commercial loans are 20% down.

Interestingly, when I told one realtor that I was moving as part of the FSP she mentioned that her son was Libertarian, and is a journalist.? She, unsolicited, told me that she belived she was coming around to our side after what Bush and the republicans have done.

What are the odds if I was calling a realtor down here in FL I would randomly get a that kind of response?

NH is awesome.? ?;D

Why are you getting commercial?

I think the odds are pretty good considering she is trying to get you.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: TN-FSP on November 05, 2005, 02:02 AM NHFT

I think the odds are pretty good considering she is trying to get you.

This might be true, but, at least she knew what a libertarian is.