• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Social Security Card Burn

Started by Russell Kanning, October 24, 2005, 07:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

Sounds like fun!  Jim and I will be there.  Let's see if I can find that ancient fleck of paper.

Tom Sawyer

Tomorrow's weather for Concord.
:)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dave Ridley

I don't think baiting the cops is right; Gandhi would not have done that.?  He treated authorities with respect not derision, even if he was defying them.?However it's you burnign the card not me ( don't even have one).? ?I'm on board with this idea in principle and look forward to being there!

We ought to get a group picture of all our key civil dis folks who are in one place at the same time for the first time ever!

Dave Ridley

I've sent the press release to the Monitor and the Bow Times, will probably call WKBK tomorrow about it in the morning.  I called free talk live about it a week or so ago.  Not sure yet which sign I want Roger; will grab one when I get there.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 11, 2005, 06:19 PM NHFT
I don't think baiting the cops is right; Gandhi would not have done that.? ?However it's you burnign the card not me ( don't even have one).? ?I'm on board with this otherwise and look forward to being there!

We ought to get a group picture of all our key civil dis folks who are in one place at the same time for the first time ever!

Wow thanks for comin on board... I have a pretty cool 6.3 meg digital still camera that could be fun to man if you want.

FTL_Ian

Russell checked in with us last night.  I'm eager to hear the results!

Michael Fisher

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 11, 2005, 06:19 PM NHFT
I don't think baiting the cops is right; Gandhi would not have done that.?? He treated authorities with respect not derision, even if he was defying them.

I agree, Dave.  There are much better ways to bait the government into reacting.  We've done it repeatedly through formal letters, calls, and press releases.  It works that way.

If the government doesn't react to a civil disobedience event, then it is a failure.  Hopefully they'll show up tomorrow.  :)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 11, 2005, 06:48 PM NHFT
Russell checked in with us last night.? I'm eager to hear the results!

Very cool Russell and Ian. 8)

Michael Fisher

It is so hilarious to see this guy's e-mail responses.  Can someone really be that dense? ???

LOL ;D

Michael Fisher

I can't wait for this event tomorrow.? :)

This is going to be so much fun!? ?;D

Thanks for organizing this, Kat and Russell.? You're great!!!

AND Roger!   ;D

Russell Kanning

I wouldn't call this exactly civil disobedience .... it is more like rejecting the SS# with style. ;)

Tom Sawyer

Hey per Lloyd's observation that it is unclear the purpose of the event I took the liberty of making a hand out.
Used the Press Release (nice work Kat) with the removal of some redundant info.

They will be printed on 8.5 x 11 heavy gauge paper.

What do we think should I print out a fist full?
(sorry for the large file size... but it is needed to see the details)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Friday

Thank you for designing a handout. If you have time, have a stack printed at a copy shop.  I can give you some money to help cover the cost.  :)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Friday on November 12, 2005, 06:35 AM NHFT
Thank you for designing a handout. If you have time, have a stack printed at a copy shop.? I can give you some money to help cover the cost.? :)

going to print out right now at home... if we want more we can make them, maybe with a little improvement to the layout and content.

Russell Kanning