• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Social Security Card Burn

Started by Russell Kanning, October 24, 2005, 07:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 13, 2005, 12:48 AM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 12, 2005, 04:24 PM NHFT
Some of us left signs and burned card effigies for the bureaucrats to see monday.

As cool as that is, wouldn't it be considered littering?
One mans littering is another mans ticker tape parade or Boston Tea Party.

Tom Sawyer

It was the neatest "littering" I've ever seen.

Posters tastefully displayed, for the SS folks to see, and a half-burned SS Card wedged in the door.

Ever been to the "Earth Day" rally in D.C.? The enviromentalists leave literally tons of garbage all over the place.

I find it interesting that the non-participants are the ones talking about something they didn't even see.

Tom Sawyer

Not a criticism of you Ian... just the rumor mill and trolls that get their enjoyment by attempting to pee on someone elses parade.

Russell and Kat I'm bringing a screening copy of the video from the event. Everytime William sees your card burn he says Woo Hoo!
Others will get to see the fun that was had.

FTL_Ian

I only brought it up because I don't want Russell slapped with a littering fine.  I think it's cool what you did.

It is "public" property.  Maybe you could say you were just leaving them there temporarily, and that you were planning on retrieving them next week.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: president on November 13, 2005, 06:58 AM NHFT
But it would probably be enough to bust Mike Fisher, and give him the rest of his suspended sentence. What does he have left....28 days?

I wasn't even there when they did that.   ::)

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Scott Roth on November 13, 2005, 03:28 PM NHFT
Roger, you ROCK!  That video was awesome.  Very well done!

Where is it?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 13, 2005, 04:04 PM NHFT
Roger, you ROCK!? That video was awesome.? Very well done!

Where is it?

Scott is refering to a screening DVD I gave him of the raw footage. I'll be editing something to about 5 min. in length then it will be posted on the web for the world to see.
But, first I need to pay the bills, you know the stuff you have to do to get to do the stuff you want to do. ;)

I need to check out Russells call-in on your show. Can you give me the link? It would probably set up the piece well. We'll give you a good credit. :)

Tom Sawyer

Roger, you ROCK!? That video was awesome.? Very well done!

Thanks Scott.
The thing is I know we can really do some cool work. We just need some more practice and a larger group of folks in front of the camera. For example the Porc Fest video would have been so much better if I'd had the 400 Porcupines in the audience for the band.

The rest of the Freedom Movement needs to see 'hey there's something happening in New Hampshire' then recruiting will take care of it self.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Friday on November 13, 2005, 06:46 AM NHFT
:-[? ?:)

Good burn, gang!? Gotta love a group that can combine two of my favorite interests: sedition and pyromania!? >:D

FYI, I did try to get some sparklers.? But the lady who runs the store that's open "every day" had gone to the mall during business hours.? ::)? Her neighbor gave me a 20% off coupon to compensate me for the wasted trip. So if anyone thinks they're going to need more than $50 worth of fireworks, let me know and you can have the coupon.

Lady Liberty was the best visual on the scene. Cool and great lady. :)

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Roger Grant on November 13, 2005, 04:36 PM NHFT
Lady Liberty was the best visual on the scene. Cool and great lady. :)

I'll sell you her number for $50  ;)

Pat McCotter

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 13, 2005, 11:04 AM NHFT
I only brought it up because I don't want Russell slapped with a littering fine.? I think it's cool what you did.

It is "public" property.? Maybe you could say you were just leaving them there temporarily, and that you were planning on retrieving them next week.

Nope. Private property rented by SSA.

http://data.visionappraisal.com/ConcordNH/findpid.asp?iTable=pid&pid=100455

Owner: GOODHART ASSOCIATES LLC
252 COLLEGE ST   
BURLINGTON, VT 05401

Kat Kanning

Looked like a private office complex.

KBCraig

Quote from: patmccotter on November 13, 2005, 05:29 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 13, 2005, 11:04 AM NHFT
I only brought it up because I don't want Russell slapped with a littering fine.  I think it's cool what you did.

It is "public" property.  Maybe you could say you were just leaving them there temporarily, and that you were planning on retrieving them next week.

Nope. Private property rented by SSA.

http://data.visionappraisal.com/ConcordNH/findpid.asp?iTable=pid&pid=100455

Owner: GOODHART ASSOCIATES LLC
252 COLLEGE ST   
BURLINGTON, VT 05401

Any property rented, leased, or borrowed by the government becomes "public property". It doesn't matter if the government owns it or is just a tenant, the same rules apply. The General Services Administration is the landlord for all non-Defense federal agencies, including Social Security. GSA controls 345 million square feet of office space, and 45% of that is leased.

Kevin

Kat Kanning

Yeah the movie was great, as is :) 

Kat Kanning