• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

the AltOrgs tour begins - get on the bus!

Started by jaqeboy, July 06, 2010, 02:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

This ought to go in the "Movement Building" category, but there isn't one.

The Alternative Organizations (AltOrgs) tour has begun. We'll be traveling to, attending, camping, tabling at, meeting folks, networking with, influencing, proselytizing and recruiting folks in groups that have already chosen to be out of the mainstream. Following the Alternatives Communities strategy, we're finding these folks to be our best recruits.

the AltExpo.org site posts all the stops on the tour, but others may be added and the tour may create its own site. The AltExpo site has links to each org's site for more info about their event.

Remember, PorcFest is just the beginning!!!

24 June - PorcFest 2010, Lancaster, New Hampshire - ends 27 June (just past)

10 July - Taxpayers Picnic, CNHT, Hillsborough, New Hampshire (12:00-15:00), press release

16 July - SolarFest, Tinmouth, Vermont - ends 18 July, camping in Porc tent village, transpo available

17 July - Yankee Burners Meet&Greet - White River Jct, Vermont (18:00-21:00), transpo available

17 July - Burning Porcupine, Grafton, New Hampshire - ends 25 July, camping, transpo available, enterprising possible

23 July - PEN Weekend (Palestine Education Network, NH Peace Action), Conway, New Hampshire - ends 25 July, housing?, transpo available, enterprising?

13 August - NOFA Summer Conference, Amherst, Massachusetts - ends 15 August, camping, transpo available, enterprrising?

26 August - Live Free or Die Rally, Jaffrey, New Hampshire - ends 29 August, camping, transpo available, enterprising?

30 August - Burning Man, Black Rock, Nevada - ends 4 September

11 September - We Are Change 9/11 Rescue Workers benefit, New York City, lodging arranged by tour, transpo by tour, enterprising possible?

11 September - Life is Good Festival, Canton, Massachusetts - ends 12 September, transpo available

24 September - Common Ground Fair, Unity, Maine - ends 26 August, camping/lodging arranged, transpo available, enterprising outside of event

25 September - Maker Faire, New York City - ends 26 September, lodging arranged by tour, transpo by tour, enterprising?

22 October - AltExpo#7, Nashua, New Hampshire - ends 24 October, lodging arranged, transpo available, enterprising encouraged

Join us in the fun and help grow "this movement of ours."

We're looking for sponsors for printed materials, signage for the cars, limos and busses, video-taping costs, and scholarships for young folks with no travel money.

email AltOrgs@AltExpo.org

jaqeboy

the AltOrgs tour has its own site now with a blog on the home page: http://AltOrgs.com. We're making a lot of mini-stops on the tour to promote, recruit, etc., so the blog's mostly about that.

SolarFest is the next biggie on the tour and we've filled up the Alt-Wagon, but we have the Alt-Van on standby if more want to jump on board.

We've added a hackers convention, the Next HOPE (unfortunately the same time as Solarfest) and Mountain Metal Mayhem - hit us with other suggestions, too and we can add them. As long as there are folks to influence, touries that want to go and a few bucks to be made enterprising there, we're there!

jaqeboy

Oopsie, just email us if you want to join in on any tour events at tour@AltOrgs.com. I've got to add that to all the pages on the new site.

I'm just about to figure out the pickup schedule for Friday AM for going to SolarFest, so it should be on the SolarFest tour page in a half hour.

I'll be out all day tomorrow at a funeral, but will respond early evening to inquiries. We can upscale to the van if there are more coming.

jaqeboy

SolarFest was phenomenal! The benefits of this networking strategy are proving to be tremendous. Without getting into who we met and made plans with and what we learned technically at SolarFest, we learned of several other really great networking opportunities there:

30 July - 1 Aug: Jerry Jam, Franconia, N.H.
6 & 7 Aug: Northeast Kingdom Music Festival, Vermont
13 & 14 Aug: RhinoFest, Vermont
20 & 21 Aug: Liberate! - Music and Yoga Festival, Vermont
RUST - Radical Urban Sustainability Training, Albany, N.Y.

So, these will all go up on the AltOrgs tour schedule page and we'll see which ones we can arrange to support with transportation, lodging, enterprising and all the rest.

The outreach and networking with other alternatives groups seems to be a really functioning strategy - people do want to connect and work together out there.

jaqeboy

I'll create an event details page soon for Burning Porcupine and I'll probably be going up there Thursday, if anyone wants "on the bus" from Manchester or Concord. I'll also have some tents to rent for the weekend.

I'm going to try producing some great lemonade for sale at future events on the tour as an enterprise idea. Anyone know of an icemaking machine for sale? That seems to be the missing ingredient for making this work as a "remote" business.

email tour@AltOrgs.com if you want to join in on this tour stop.

Russell Kanning

jaqeboy

Quite a few more stops have been added to the tour: http://altorgs.com/2010-altorgs-tour/
Just email tour@AltOrgs.com to jump on board.

There are 4 excellent events just this weekend. I'm going to one and Nick will be co-ordinating another. 2 cool events won't be covered by ALLies, that I know of, but be sure to go anyway and report back:

Catskills Truth Gathering & on Facebook
5th Providence Anarchist Book Fair & on Facebook
NOFA Summer Conference (Northeast Organic Farmers Association)
Mountain Metal Mayhem Fest & on Facebook

I'll post details to the 2 of these we are attending in the appropriate area here in the Underground.

jaqeboy

We've added even more events to the AltOrgs tour, some of them educational and training-oriented, more opportunities to meet and influence people in other alternatives organizations - even some just plain fun, like the Boston Pub Tour scheduled for October 9th - steam-punk, DIY, natural living anyone?

This is shaping up to be a great tour season for end of summer and fall - many folks will be obsessed with party politics and elections, so libertarians will have more room than usual for building the alternatives with all the politicals out of the way!

If someone you know is still stuck in that old worn-out political rut, and if they're finally near burn-out, then save their life! - tell them about libertarian ideals and how they can build towards those, instead; tell 'em about our campaign to reach out to others who know something's wrong - we can finally get to them and explain that it's the belief in parliamentary politics itself that's wrong and we know what can be done about it! Tell 'em to join with us on the AltOrgs tour and let's rally for liberty and against politics! ... and have fun and build a free and prosperous society, while we're at it!