• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Intolerance by "Individuals of Liberty Community"

Started by PattyLee loves dogs, July 08, 2010, 09:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PattyLee loves dogs

Visited Grafton Last night and I feel like I need to vent...
Sometimes I chafe at the comments that my self or my husband can not be appreciated because I'm not sure, why.. we take a different independent path and have to find our own ways to solve a problem. Our activism is not your activism? Or what ever we do has to be run down?

Do I care? yes, disappointed. Tried to be friendly... and have been honest and independent in my dealings. So what is the problem? Too much small town intolerance like  seventh graders that gossip and try to appoint themselves as arbiters of what is. Watch out for this, to any free thinking individuals that might come to Grafton. There is a seventh grade here that can be socially confining especially if you come to live in an outback place like Grafton.
Too ironic.

dalebert

Could you be a little more vague?  I came dangerously close to getting a remote notion of what you might be talking about.

Free libertarian

Patty the grammar and punctuation police have issued a warrant for your arrest due to the second sentence in your post.  However I get the gist of your message.   

There does seem to be a developing divide amongst some Graftonites.  The silver lining in that might be that at least there are getting to be enough people in the "liberty community" that people can now move amongst or into the subset that is most comfortable for them.  Sorry if you weren't comfortable yesterday though,  I appreciate you and Bill and all the efforts you have both made.
As a matter of fact, I think NHLIBERTY RADIO would like to talk to Bill sometime about the Federal Reserve etc.

Besides it may have been past nap time and it was hot as hell yesterday.  Gets pretty warm out here in the outback too y'know for some of the Aboriginal type mancave dwellers during the dry season. Perhaps we should burn a sacrificial offering to the gods and pray for cooler heads and weather.

Or more succinct,  I wouldn't worry about it, everything is fine, pay no attention to the frowning people.

AntonLee

well as long as you don't support harming others or stealing their stuff I'm not sure why you would have a problem.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: PattyLee loves dogs on July 08, 2010, 09:39 AM NHFT
Visited Grafton Last night and I feel like I need to vent...
Sometimes I the comments that my self or my husband can not be appreciated because I'm not sure, why.. we take a different independent path and have to find our own ways to solve a problem. Our activism is not your activism? Or what ever we do has to be run down?

Do I care? yes, disappointed. Tried to be friendly... and have been honest and independent in my dealings. So what is the problem? Too much small town intolerance like  seventh graders that gossip and try to appoint themselves as arbiters of what is. Watch out for this any free thinking individuals that might come to Grafton. There is a seventh grade here that can be socially confining especially if you come to live in an outback place like Grafton.
Too ironic.
I was here last night and I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.  You are 'free' to stay away.

Jim Johnson

I'm going to take notes on how to write stuff from Pattylee.

I agree that the seventh grade should be the highest intellectual level in Grafton.
That is five levels above the level that the US ARMY requires.

The seventh grade would also be high enough to cover a basic understanding of the US Constitution, which would be one level above the US Supreme Court.

...people would know basic algebra, home economics and earth science.

PattyLee loves dogs

I do not see any reason Lloyd not to be social. I just am trying to handle frustration about what appears to be human/ group social behavior which I believe finds occasional expression by a  surprising number of individuals despite their individualistic freedom philosophies. The philosophies such as the NAP I think most of us embrace is where I believe  God resides. We are just human so I do not wish to make any one have to feel they have to be careful, fake or diplomatic. I just hate to run down the ways of individuals or witness others running down others; exception is the defense of others as needed when one notes a rip off of property or others being hurt. Yes I do find myself listening or being part of gossip but I am hating it more. The individual being gossiped about will usually have to overcome an unfair disadvantage in a future situation when needing cooperation or understanding. This is vague and a poorly defined situation but I think one knows this dynamic is going on when it happens but will avoid comments for fear of offending, being seen as paranoid or worse a cry baby.
I trust you all for feeling comfortable to express yourself, just an observation that I need to test for myself to see if I am any where in reality.

I truly appreciate your hospitality and I want to continue to visit, if it is not too much.

Yes, I have referred myself to Porc Therapy and need to proofread. I feared if I had proofread my original comment, I would have lost the nerve to post it which would have been better.

AntonLee

Kat Kanning

Wow, that was mean, Lloyd.

My guess was she was taking shit about doing politics from the anarchists.

KBCraig

Quote from: Jim Johnson on July 08, 2010, 12:01 PM NHFT
...people would know basic algebra, home economics and earth science.
Basic earth science isn't even required to be fire chief!

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 08, 2010, 02:31 PM NHFT
Wow, that was mean, Lloyd.

My guess was she was taking shit about doing politics from the anarchists.
You would be wrong. But, you would have to guess, wouldn't you, from what she said.

By the way, that was an ignorant conclusion to come to, Kat. You don't know anything about what goes on here.

I was there and I don't know what she is talking about. He next post didn't make it any clearer.

Kat Kanning

I couldn't even tell where this had occurred from what she said.  I knew there'd been a party at agorist acres. 

And you're still an asshole. loyd :P

Lloyd Danforth

EthanLeeVita

Well, this is thread is chocked full of compliments. :P

Patti, I hope I'm not part of the problem in your opinion. I know I'm rather anti-political, but most of that stems to a hardline adherence to an ethical position and frustration at being told the "right" way to do things by people that tend to be political.

PattyLee loves dogs

Thanks for all of your input, I am stirring up some shit here.  :blush:

Just got frustrated that article works like Bill's' who does well researched articles on Lew Rockwell,  is not getting any promotion by this Liberty radio without me begging and then I still have to take shit about it over a period of time. I am frustrated that between all the social stuff  the liberty radio powers now do not appear to check out the Lewrockwell site and note very recent articles by Stephanie Murphy and Bill Walker. 

I respect the stance of the non political ones and understand this conclusion. Note the neo con hijacking of Grafton libertarian political efforts advancing US foreign policy of unjust war. Disgust at seeing Libertarians holding Mc Cain Palin signs etc. just to get a "winning" position. Your are right to be against politics in this instance but how would voting for local liberty people be wrong as a self defense to escalating local infringements? Why not vote NO to the bonds for periodic increases in property taxes which serve plantation style schools?

Kat your right that I am getting cumulatively fed up about getting shit for having different view points. (SQUABBLE) Hell, Russsel, Rich and others gives me shit (is this pressure to conform?) about liking music such as Shubert's, Ave Maria. Or being made out to be drunk (female) while all the guys are out drinking me 10-1!!?!
I get boisterous and rebellious but nothing here to keep me from visiting and giving a little back.  >:D