• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

RE: Ridley report, Lets not have witch hunts but Mr. Barnes why fingerprint?

Started by PattyLee loves dogs, July 09, 2010, 11:17 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BJ

Quote from: Dan Steward on July 10, 2010, 12:55 PM NHFT
Do these types of artificially flavored "libertarians" just naturally gravitate towards each other? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction on this and it's just a matter of some folks getting a really big delight out of simply creeping everyone out.

;D

Unfortunately, they all seem to gravitate to the top of the FSP Board of Directors.

Kat Kanning

I wasn't involved in the meeting discussions, but told Barnes not to come back Hoyt after he threatened to punch Russell.  ::)

Tom Sawyer

artificially flavored "libertarians"

;D

That's a good descriptor...

With a few people I am listening and it dawns on me... this guy doesn't use any of the standard "libertarian" talking points...

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 10, 2010, 02:17 PM NHFT
I wasn't involved in the meeting discussions, but told Barnes not to come back Hoyt after he threatened to punch Russell.  ::)

Of all the folks I can imagine wanting to punch... Russell is at the end of the list.    ;D

Russell Kanning

yea Barnes lost it on the phone with me .... I held the phone out for the others to hear him swearing at me

both of these guys have not wanted things to be brought out into the open on the internet

Free libertarian

On the day that happened I was visiting the man cave and John B. did lose it on the phone with Russell.  At first I thought he was goofing around, then I realized he wasn't.   I told him, I  thought it would be a really good idea if he called Russell back and apologize.  It was preceded by a kind of awkward silence as Lloyd and I realized John WASN'T goofing around.  Lloyd and I and maybe Rich let John B.  know we weren't cool with his outburst.   

John  did call  Russell back and apologize.   I give John credit for that, but I'm still not impressed with his behavior on that day.  It wasn't cool at all.  I will confess I kept my cool but I remember thinking he better not tell ME he was going to punch ME in the mouth.   I'm a firm believer in the NAP principle, but for a second I almost lost it because he was threatening a pacifist! I almost said something about leaving him (Russell) the fuck alone, and picking on somebody else but all you nonviolent types have mellowed me.  I'm proud to say I asked him to call and apologize and he did. 

KBCraig

I'm a pretty private person, but that's not the same as being secretive. I respect other people's privacy, but being secretive has come to be a pretty fair indicator that someone in the NH liberty movement is really up to no good.

I think everyone can think of at least a couple of examples.

MaineShark

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 10, 2010, 03:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 10, 2010, 02:17 PM NHFTI wasn't involved in the meeting discussions, but told Barnes not to come back Hoyt after he threatened to punch Russell.  ::)
Of all the folks I can imagine wanting to punch... Russell is at the end of the list.    ;D

But he just smiles so much.

Joe

Kat Kanning

dalebert

dalebert

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 10, 2010, 03:46 PM NHFT
artificially flavored "libertarians"

That's a good descriptor...

With a few people I am listening and it dawns on me... this guy doesn't use any of the standard "libertarian" talking points...

You've really hit on something that I've noticed before that struck me as really weird regarding some people.  It's like they're trying to fake libertarianism and they're coming across as a bad stereotype of a libertarian from the point of view of someone who's actually still quite indoctrinated and brain-washed.  It's like, you can't really fake it because if you understand it, you would actually BE one.  The only way to be convincing as a libertarian is to actually get it.

It's like all the political players are wanting things to be this way or that way and they can talk about why they want things a certain way and libertarians are the only ones saying "Look, what you want or what I want means nothing.  All that matters is what's right and wrong."  But they just try to figure out what libertarians want and just come out and say "I want that too."  You actually have to figure out right and wrong, and if you actually manage that despite a world overflowing with bad propaganda and intimidation, then you can perhaps speak convincingly, but then you can't stomach supporting the monopoly governments anymore.

If you actually get liberty, you can't help but love it.

MaineShark

Yup.  It's like the Census guy they sent to my house.  He gave his spiel about Federal money helping NH and all that.  I'm sure he was trained how to deal with folks getting angry and ranting about taxes, wasteful spending, and the Constitution.  He just went blank when I told him I didn't care.  Wanting to change how his system operates, he could grasp.  That someone would consider his whole system to be irrelevant was just not an option that existed in his mind.

Joe

Russell Kanning

in case it matters to anyone John Barnes does or did have an account here. He might be going by firewall99 or something
I have not talked with him since that day. I don't think.

Lloyd Danforth

He is probably oblivious to this forum except when he post an event like Appleseed.

KBCraig