• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Website to promote your Liberty activism (only in NH) to potential movers

Started by Mayor Maximus, July 10, 2010, 01:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayor Maximus

NHmove.info
http://www.nhmove.info/

Woo!

I built a website that is supposed to be a place to promote all the activism in NH to potential movers.  I will be moving myself, and I had a hard time finding a place that has a good mix of information about several areas without having to fish through pages of other stuff.

Basically, I have and will be locating and summarizing (with links and credits of course) good stories that would provide info snippets to people on the different kinds of activism and areas, so as to attract interested movers.  I also have a tab where people can submit their own stories to me and the best ones get put into the mix.   There is also a small forum for questions and answers about moving.  I feel like the skeleton is there, but it still needs to be filled out with content, so keep that in mind.

Really, I think there is a niche to be filled here, and I am trying to create a tool that will be actually helpful to the movement.  I would like for anyone interested to check it out, and let me know if anything strikes you.  This could be technical, design, strategy, or whatever.  Just input. I plan on making the rounds through the various message boards, and seeing where to go from there.

Thanks ahead of time.  I am a little nervous.

Maximus

Russell Kanning

Mayor Maximus

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

Mayor Maximus

Quote from: KBCraig on July 10, 2010, 05:11 PM NHFT
It's never good to have a front page that requires Flash.

Is that because of a browser compatibility issue also?

KBCraig

Quote from: Mayor Maximus on July 10, 2010, 05:17 PM NHFT

Not just browser compatibility (but that is an issue too), but because Flash is a huge resource hog that people with older, slower computers, or those without high speed internet, want to leave turned off. Some people don't trust Flash for security reasons, but I don't know the details on that.

Mayor Maximus

Quote from: KBCraig on July 10, 2010, 05:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: Mayor Maximus on July 10, 2010, 05:17 PM NHFT

Not just browser compatibility (but that is an issue too), but because Flash is a huge resource hog that people with older, slower computers, or those without high speed internet, want to leave turned off. Some people don't trust Flash for security reasons, but I don't know the details on that.

Hmmm... I think it may need a MAKEOVERRR!   ;D  Probably more in-depth than a makeover, but i have until next June to get it right.

No worries.  I am going to resolve this with my team of super-geniuses.  NHmove.info will live!  *(even in the boonies!) 

Edit:

This link should get you to the Non-Flash portion of nhmove.info.
http://alerts.nhmove.info/

Ron Helwig

Definitely get rid of the Flash. It just crashed my browser. I also really really really really really HATE when I can't see the urls of links I might want to click on.

You might also want to add a link to PorcManor.com

Mayor Maximus

Quote from: Ron Helwig on July 11, 2010, 07:08 AM NHFT
Definitely get rid of the Flash. It just crashed my browser. I also really really really really really HATE when I can't see the urls of links I might want to click on.

You might also want to add a link to PorcManor.com

Gooood point about noshow links.  I feel the same way, but had not thought of that when I built it.  Thanks!

Mayor Maximus

Update!! EXTRA EXTRA!! 

I have built a new version of NHmove.info!  (kinda snazzy, IMHO)
Please go check it out (and bookmark it, and return to it everyday forever, and add your stories of NH activism to the frontpage on the sidebar)!  I will pee my pants if this can get rolling.

Also, the reason I rebuilt the site was because the other one used Flash which is no fun for low bandwidth.  Please make sure I did okay on this one.

Thank you very much,

Maximus