• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Just google it" = "Go screw yourself"?

Started by Walker, July 13, 2010, 04:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker

It seems that there is a new style of customer service these days.  The smart companies knew that someone answering the phone is far better than subjecting the telephoning sap to a convoluted menu.  But is answering a phone in 2010 the same as it was in days of yore, or have companies picked up on a new strategy?

What exactly do you hear when the flunky on the other end asks you, "Did you google it?"  Is it a sincere attempt of quality assurance, or just another Machiavellian way to proudly proclaim that The customer is always right while shrewdly uttering Go screw yourself, pal.

So what do you hear?

Yes sir, we are the source for that product/service, but you can find it by using google.

The internet is ANSI code for God.

How did you get this phone number?

If your car doesn't start, you're probably out of gas.

Don't bother me (because I'M googling)

Don't bother me (because I'm googling with myself)

I don't know.

I don't care.

I really don't care.  I have this amazing job, and it's all I can do to keep from killing myself.

Have you checked our web site (by googling us, of course)?

Tunga

Walker

Quote from: Tunga on July 14, 2010, 07:59 PM NHFT
Where'd you find that Walker?

Why, I googled it, of course.

I actually must have too much time on my hands because I've written several of these threads over the past few weeks.  This particular thread was inspired by all the gifted children of the past few decades, who grew up to be information resource geniuses by telling the rest of us how to find things.