By "soon", I mean within a week or two, assuming we're able to work out a few last minute barriers.
There are a lot of people who have expressed interest in being a part of what promises to be a really fun project, and we need you! This is a major undertaking that's going to require a team effort to make it happen. Richard and I have put countless hours over nearly a year into the script, the storyboarding, and just general planning so that when others start getting involved, we will have our ducks in a row and can get the most out of your efforts.
We've already got key technical people but the thing is, they won't be available every day that we need to shoot and we have a limited amount of good weather left to get an entire feature-length movie shot. So what we need are people who are willing to learn from those people and get some experience on a movie shoot so they can wear that hat on the days the key technical people aren't available. And there are plenty of things that we will need help with even when those key people are available. This is going to be a learning experience for all of us.
We're starting rehearsals A.S.A.P. Alongside that, there are just a few barriers to deal with before we can begin shooting. First we need to clear out some small saplings and just do a little smoothing of an area behind my house to use for a campsite which is one of the most commonly used sets in the movie. It shouldn't be miserable labor, but I realize it's not interesting like the technical roles (sound, lighting, etc.) so I will have to find a way to make that task enticing to people. With a decent turn out, I think we could make really short work of it.
Beyond that, here is a list of needs that I was hoping to get input/suggestions from people on. If you have any of it or just have an idea where to find it, we'd love to hear from you here.
* A fisherman's rain outfit, i.e. a long raincoat and a fisherman's rain hat.
* A dead deer (preferably a realistic fake, but we haven't completely ruled out using a real one in a pinch... hunters?). FWIW, the scenes using it will be dark.
* 3 Tents. If you have used tents you could spare or sell to us fairly cheaply, we'd love to not have to buy new ones. They can even be damaged/leaky/etc. In fact, we may have to cut them open to accommodate certain inside-the-tent shoots.
Rural Sets Needed: (no signs of civilization nearby)
* A hilltop that's largely unobscured by trees. When you look up at the hilltop, the sky should be visible behind it. We think Monadnock might have something, but don't know how much shit they'll give us trying to film there.
* A swimming hole for a skinny-dipping scene (meaning not too busy/public). Ideally it should get deep fairly quickly so you can tread water without having to go too far out. Also it should have woods nearby and a shore where people can lay out on towels. (Mike Barskey may know of one so maybe this is handled)
* an upstairs room that could pass for a college dorm with some rearranging and change of decor (bland white or beige walls). If you know of two similar rooms, that's even better but we can always just change one around to use for both.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I may update it.