• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Intense! Shooting Soon (Free Food!)

Started by dalebert, July 28, 2010, 02:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

By "soon", I mean within a week or two, assuming we're able to work out a few last minute barriers.

There are a lot of people who have expressed interest in being a part of what promises to be a really fun project, and we need you!  This is a major undertaking that's going to require a team effort to make it happen.  Richard and I have put countless hours over nearly a year into the script, the storyboarding, and just general planning so that when others start getting involved, we will have our ducks in a row and can get the most out of your efforts.

We've already got key technical people but the thing is, they won't be available every day that we need to shoot and we have a limited amount of good weather left to get an entire feature-length movie shot.  So what we need are people who are willing to learn from those people and get some experience on a movie shoot so they can wear that hat on the days the key technical people aren't available.  And there are plenty of things that we will need help with even when those key people are available.  This is going to be a learning experience for all of us.

We're starting rehearsals A.S.A.P.  Alongside that, there are just a few barriers to deal with before we can begin shooting.  First we need to clear out some small saplings and just do a little smoothing of an area behind my house to use for a campsite which is one of the most commonly used sets in the movie.  It shouldn't be miserable labor, but I realize it's not interesting like the technical roles (sound, lighting, etc.) so I will have to find a way to make that task enticing to people.  With a decent turn out, I think we could make really short work of it.

Beyond that, here is a list of needs that I was hoping to get input/suggestions from people on.  If you have any of it or just have an idea where to find it, we'd love to hear from you here.

Props Needed:
* A fisherman's rain outfit, i.e. a long raincoat and a fisherman's rain hat.
* A dead deer (preferably a realistic fake, but we haven't completely ruled out using a real one in a pinch... hunters?).  FWIW, the scenes using it will be dark.
* 3 Tents.  If you have used tents you could spare or sell to us fairly cheaply, we'd love to not have to buy new ones.  They can even be damaged/leaky/etc.  In fact, we may have to cut them open to accommodate certain inside-the-tent shoots.

Rural Sets Needed:  (no signs of civilization nearby)
* A hilltop that's largely unobscured by trees.  When you look up at the hilltop, the sky should be visible behind it.  We think Monadnock might have something, but don't know how much shit they'll give us trying to film there.
* A swimming hole for a skinny-dipping scene (meaning not too busy/public).  Ideally it should get deep fairly quickly so you can tread water without having to go too far out.  Also it should have woods nearby and a shore where people can lay out on towels.  (Mike Barskey may know of one so maybe this is handled)
* an upstairs room that could pass for a college dorm with some rearranging and change of decor (bland white or beige walls).  If you know of two similar rooms, that's even better but we can always just change one around to use for both.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I may update it.

MaineShark

We have a tent that may be available for cheap.

We also have some collapsible staging.  Not sure if that is of any benefit, but it's a heck of a lot more stable than a ladder, if you need some altitude to get the right camera angle.

Joe

dalebert

We've lost a couple cast members just as we're coming up on the shoot.  Please get the word out to anyone you know college-aged or who can pass for it who might like to be in a fun slasher movie, male or female.  Put them in touch with Richard or me.  We need to fill those roles ASAP.  This is the cusp of what could be a burgeoning liberty-oriented entertainment industry in NH which we hope will start producing jobs and offering creative opportunities and generally make NH that much more appealing to potential movers!

dalebert

I should point out that anyone who participates in the movie will own a piece of it for profit-sharing purposes if the movie makes money.  And in case it wasn't obvious, we're feeding everyone on the days they work.  I can talk details when we can get everyone together for a cast & crew meeting.

MaineShark

I know someone who might be interested (by "might," I mean that I think it could interest her, not that we've actually discussed it).

Do you have any sort of write-up regarding what the movie is (generally) about, and what her role would be, so I can show her?

Joe

dalebert

Good point.  I will answer publicly because (hopefully) others are curious as well.  We had a reading of the script at Porcfest but I did a pretty poor job of promoting it so turnout wasn't great, unlike the reading at Liberty Forum where we promoted it aggressively and got a good turnout.  The script has since been improved, or changed at least.  :)

The totally unofficial and unapproved tag line that I've been using is:

Intense! -- your basic slasher in the woods movie that's not your basic slasher in the woods movie.

It starts off as horror fast food-- burger, fries, and a coke, then turns out to be more substantial.

Lloyd Danforth

How about it starts as a Horror Fast Food event when some folks get together for a cast and crew meeting.

dalebert

The next important step is getting the campsite ready.  It will be both a primary set for the movie as well as crash space for cast & crew.  If you're wanting to work on the movie but aren't local, it will be possible for you to stay over for fairly extended periods of time if you don't mind camping with electric available in your tent and access to a bathroom and kitchen via the house.

It's not far from my house on a fairly level spot.  We checked today and my 100' extension cord comfortably reaches it which is great for equipment during the shoot and for the convenience of any crashers.  Meanwhile, it will power my electric chainsaw for clearing the saplings that are cluttering the space.  :)

dalebert

Oh, yes-- more good news.  There will VERY soon (probably tomorrow) be an In Your Head Productions forum where people can post comments about movies, trailers, current projects in the works, etc.  There will be a private section for cast & crew.  If you want access to the private forum where you'll know extra top secret stuph that others won't know, you have to put out.   >:D  If you've expressed interest in working on the movie to me or Richard in the past, now is a good time to remind me so I can make sure you get invited to the private section where we will keep everyone updated on plans.

41mag-- you're good.

Tom Sawyer

We can drop off the fog machine today... give you a chance to try it out.
Quote from: dalebert on August 01, 2010, 12:12 AM NHFTThere will be a private section for cast & crew.  If you want access to the private forum where you'll know extra top secret stuph that others won't know, you have to put out.   >:D

Well it's official...  Dale has gone all Hollywood on us...  ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Campsites and chainsaws. I can see where this film is going.

dalebert

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 01, 2010, 08:41 AM NHFT
Campsites and chainsaws. I can see where this film is going.

Ironically the chainsaw doesn't make an appearance in the movie.  We're going with a more traditional theme-- an axe.  But rest assured that people will die in all kinds of creative ways.  :)

PattyLee loves dogs

We have 2 tents....I am in Grafton weekly, can I leave these for PU? Also, will be in Concord for Tilting at Windmills 8/20.  PL :peace: