• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tax crusader Irwin Schiff found guilty on all counts

Started by Kat Kanning, October 25, 2005, 07:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Kanning faces 400 years in jail, $5,000,000,000 in fines, and finally death by public guillotine and dismemberment after being convicted of "Annoying the Internal Robbery Squad", an automatic quadruple Class A felony in violation of IRS Administrative Gestapo Rules.

Tonight, Kanning is in Merrimack county jail. ?He said he plans to plead guilty to making the haiku "to get the message out there."

Dreepa

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on October 25, 2005, 07:18 PM NHFT
It is blatantly dishonest to say the income tax is unconstitutional or illegal when everyone knows it is legal.
Actually I stopped paying my taxes after I learned that the law did not apply to me. But now I don't pay, just because I want to starve the beast.
I used to try to teach people about the federal income tax, but I found people were too scared to do anything about it. Now I just tell people to "don't pay taxes" .... because they are not "yours". ;)
But I do agree with you that fighting over technicalities does get to the root problem or solution.
I can tell Caleb has been reading his Tolstoy. That man had easy answers to tough questions and repeated them often.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Dreepa on October 25, 2005, 10:50 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 25, 2005, 09:59 AM NHFT

I'm pretty sure Irwin was edging on insanity when I knew him 30 years ago, when he lived in CT.
Some say that not paying taxes was all Lloyd's idea in the first place. ;)

No, I heard it from Irwin.

KBCraig

Quote from: Dreepa on October 25, 2005, 07:57 PM NHFT
The FSP had no comment on Kanning's arrest.

No, no... "The FSP denied having ever heard of Kanning."

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Go directly to Jail. Do not collect $19.95. Go directly to jail!

FTL_Ian

I know that putting "your" in front of "taxes" is likely an old habit, but it deserves to be stopped.

They are not "your taxes".  That presumes you have some say, or have some responsibility for them.  They are just "taxes", and no, they should not be paid.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 25, 2005, 09:08 PM NHFT
Go directly to Jail. Do not collect $19.95. Go directly to jail!

Have you played the new game called "Anti-Monopoly"?? I swear, that game must have been created by communists.? ?::)
The point of the game is to prove that government is necessary to stop monopolies. ???
In the game, monopolies charge more without repercussions from the free market.? Cards you draw either show the government punishing the monopolists or the monopolists stealing business from the free market through dirty corporate methods.
A paraphrased quote from the game: "Imagine what monopolies would do if the government didn't stop them."? ?::)

We need to make a free-market version of the monopoly board game.
We can call it Anarchist's Monopoly - Free Markets versus Government Intervention.
Who could resist buying such a game?? >:D

Some ideas for it:
-"Your competitor lobbies the local government to steal your business through eminent domain, but you refuse to leave.? Pay $x or go to jail."
-"Your competitors lobby the state government to create licensing laws in your industry.? Pay $x or go to jail."
-"One of your competitors pays off a State inspector to condemn your business for 'health violations'.? Pay $x or go to jail."
-"One of your competitors pays off a local town council member.? Pay $x or go to jail."
-"A local government bureaucrat dislikes you.? Pay $x or go to jail."
-Permanent card:? "Your town creates planning and zoning regulations.? Pay $x in extra costs for all new properties."
-"Your competitor's brother becomes governor and does special favors for him.? All of your competitors get out of jail free for the next 4 turns.? You go to jail for the next 4 turns."

Anarchist's Monopoly.? A great fundraising idea for the NH Underground.? ?;D  Or the LSF...    :)

Lloyd Danforth

Seems like a lot of pitfalls.  How could a good guy win?  Collecting Economic Rent?

Lex

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 26, 2005, 03:51 PM NHFT
Seems like a lot of pitfalls.? How could a good guy win?? Collecting Economic Rent?

We'll have good cards, too:? ?;)
-"Because of your volunteer work, the integrity and good reputation of your business grows.? Gain $x."
-"Your town government raises taxes again, causing a taxpayer rebellion.? Gain $x."
-"Your town government eliminates its planning and zoning department.? Gain $x."
-"Your state government eliminates licensing laws, causing industry monopolies to collapse.? Gain $x. (a lot)"
-"Your charitable work pays off.? Customers flock to your business.? Gain $x."
-"Your town government collapses into anarchy.? Pay $x for security one time, then gain $x per turn for 10 turns."
-"You start a charity building homes for the poor.? Add 1 home to each of your properties."
-"Gambling is legalized.? Gain $x per property that you own."
-"Annoyed with government education, parents in your town take their children out of public schools, lowering local taxes by two-thirds.? Gain $x."

And some cards showing the stupidity of the government:? ?;D
-"You lobby the government to subsidize your industry.? All players lose $10, including you.? Then, you get a government subsidy of $20.? Finally, you pay $10 in taxes, for a net gain of $0.? You lose a turn."
-"Government tax collectors mix up your tax returns.? You gain $50.? All of your competitors lose $50 and go directly to jail."
-"You are mistaken for someone else by government tax collectors, imprisoned, then released.? Go to jail for 2 turns then gain $300."

I could go on forever with this stuff.? ?;D

polyanarch

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 26, 2005, 11:51 AM NHFT
I know that putting "your" in front of "taxes" is likely an old habit, but it deserves to be stopped.

They are not "your taxes".  That presumes you have some say, or have some responsibility for them.  They are just "taxes", and no, they should not be paid.

They are too "ours."

It's like saying, "Your stolen money has been found." 

Lloyd Danforth