• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tax crusader Irwin Schiff found guilty on all counts

Started by Kat Kanning, October 25, 2005, 07:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

Actually I agree with Larkin Rose. I think he's correct legally.

But it really doesn't matter if he's right or not. The government will kill you for it regardless.

Tracy

KBCraig

Anti-Tax Activist Sentenced to 13 Years
BYLINE: From Times Wire Reports

Anti-tax crusader and author Irwin Schiff was sentenced in Las Vegas to more than 13 years in federal prison for advising people that no U.S. law requires them to pay income tax. Schiff, 78, accused the government of trying to suppress the truth. Schiff's lawyer argued that his client was mentally ill.

Schiff's earlier boast from the witness stand that he had helped thousands of followers avoid paying $2 billion in taxes was cited by the judge at sentencing.

Mrs. Concious

"Paying taxes is the price of citizenship. After three strikes, I would hope that even Schiff realizes that he has struck out," said Internal Revenue Service Commissioner Mark Everson.

The tax code has just gotten even more complicated as it apparently incorporates baseball regulations into its methodolgy.  Just when I thought I had this thing figured out.

There are several countries that do not rape their citizenry by way of taxes... NH is one of them as is Dubai and Nevis.  Since those citizens do not pay taxes and thus have not paid the price of citizenship then are they really citizens?

FTL_Ian

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 26, 2005, 03:51 PM NHFT
Seems like a lot of pitfalls.  How could a good guy win?  Collecting Economic Rent?

the original game of Monopoly was actually called "The Landlord's Game" and it was developed by a Gerogist to teach people about the concept of sharing economic rent.

I just attended the Eastern Economic Associations annual conference where a session I attended revealed the information.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: FrankChodorov on March 01, 2006, 10:33 PM NHFT
Seems like a lot of pitfalls.  How could a good guy win?  Collecting Economic Rent?

the original game of Monopoly was actually called "The Landlord's Game" and it was developed by a Gerogist to teach people about the concept of sharing economic rent.

I just attended the Eastern Economic Associations annual conference where a session I attended revealed the information.

Didn't work as a game either, did it?

KBCraig

Quote from: patmccotter on March 01, 2006, 10:49 PM NHFT

Worked exactly as well in a game as it would in real life.

Not at all. 

FrankChodorov

Quote from: FrankChodorov on March 01, 2006, 10:33 PM NHFT

we will never know as the idea of the game was stolen and then sold to Parker Bros.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: KBCraig on March 01, 2006, 10:55 PM NHFT

Not at all. 

tell that to the residents of Harrisburg, Pa. where they charge 6X more for land values as they do for building values in their property tax system and they have transformed their city...

Pat McCotter

Quote from: FrankChodorov on March 01, 2006, 10:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on March 01, 2006, 10:55 PM NHFT

Not at all. 

tell that to the residents of Harrisburg, Pa. where they charge 6X more for land values as they do for building values in their property tax system and they have transformed their city...

Sorry, Kevin, that you have to read this in the quotes, but...

I did a search on "Harrisburg property tax" and came up with a list of items showing property-tax reform articles as of 12/30/2005. I see that Pennsylvanians in general are not happy with property taxes.

So I cringed and added "Georgist" to the search. I got a reference to earthrights.net that talked of the two-tier taxing in Harrisburg, Pittsburgh (since 1913), Scranton (since 1913), etc. Big taxes on land.

Still sounds like social engineering to me. Is tax policy to pay for essential government services or is it to make sure we the people do what we are supposed to do, depending on who is in office at the time or who has entrenched themselves in the bureaucracy?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Mrs. Concious on March 01, 2006, 07:59 PM NHFT
"Paying taxes is the price of citizenship. After three strikes, I would hope that even Schiff realizes that he has struck out," said Internal Revenue Service Commissioner Mark Everson.

The tax code has just gotten even more complicated as it apparently incorporates baseball regulations into its methodolgy.  Just when I thought I had this thing figured out.

I almost fell of my chair laughing. :sign10:
Did we loose some sort of collective bargaining agreement early in the 1900's? :fryingpan:
Some here advocate revenue sharing...... :icon_stop:

FrankChodorov

QuoteIs tax policy to pay for essential government services or is it to make sure we the people do what we are supposed to do

why not subject land ownership to the efficiency of the market?

Tunga

TITLE 26 > Subtitle F > CHAPTER 79 > ? 7701 Prev | Next

? 7701. Definitions

Release date: 2005-08-31

(a) When used in this title, where not otherwise distinctly expressed or manifestly incompatible with the intent thereof?
(1) Person
The term ?person? shall be construed to mean and include an individual, a trust, estate, partnership, association, company or corporation.
(2) Partnership and partner
The term ?partnership? includes a syndicate, group, pool, joint venture, or other unincorporated organization, through or by means of which any business, financial operation, or venture is carried on, and which is not, within the meaning of this title, a trust or estate or a corporation; and the term ?partner? includes a member in such a syndicate, group, pool, joint venture, or organization.
(3) Corporation
The term ?corporation? includes associations, joint-stock companies, and insurance companies.
(4) Domestic
The term ?domestic? when applied to a corporation or partnership means created or organized in the United States or under the law of the United States or of any State unless, in the case of a partnership, the Secretary provides otherwise by regulations.
(5) Foreign
The term ?foreign? when applied to a corporation or partnership means a corporation or partnership which is not domestic.
(6) Fiduciary
The term ?fiduciary? means a guardian, trustee, executor, administrator, receiver, conservator, or any person acting in any fiduciary capacity for any person.
(7) Stock
The term ?stock? includes shares in an association, joint-stock company, or insurance company.
(8) Shareholder
The term ?shareholder? includes a member in an association, joint-stock company, or insurance company.
(9) United States
The term ?United States? when used in a geographical sense includes only the States and the District of Columbia. (10) State
The term?State? shall be construed to include the District of Columbia, where such construction is necessary to carry out provisions of this title. 

State and states cannot mean two different things.

Unless one was born in DC one is a National but not a citizen (small c) of the USA.

Mr. Schiff screwed up when he filed a return. If he was not liable then he shoudn't have filed.

KBCraig

Quote from: Tunga on March 02, 2006, 07:20 AM NHFT

(9) United States
The term ?United States? when used in a geographical sense includes only the States and the District of Columbia.
(10) State
The term?State? shall be construed to include the District of Columbia, where such construction is necessary to carry out provisions of this title. 

State and states cannot mean two different things.

The definition you cited doesn't say they're two different things.

Kevin

Russell Kanning