• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Free Press

Started by Russell Kanning, October 25, 2005, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

We can probably hand out a pile at John's on the 26th ..... if that is happening.

Dave Ridley

I called the Fed bureaucrat Northeast spokesman for the labor department today and told him i was with the Keene free press.  Told him I wanted to know how much tax money he used going after alex ray, the manchester businessman/charity founder fined for letting his business students work at a job before 7 a.m. 

Russell Kanning

cool ..... and what is he doing with the punishment? :(

Recumbent ReCycler

That's the first time my writing has made the front page of a paper!  ;D

Kat Kanning

Can everyone read this one OK?

http://soulawakenings.com/underground/kfp022306.jpg

It's just the first page.  But if there are no problems, I'll use this as the format to display the paper online.

(Note:  if it's too tiny, your browser is probably fitting it to the screen.  Just blow it up.)

Thanks!
Kat

Lloyd Danforth

I think having the secession article and nothing about the Madnadnock on the front page will result in a negative introduction to this publication.
I believe some major point as to reaching the average Madnadnock citizen who is tired of government growth and increasing taxes, and doesn't give a shit about Boston,  has been missed here.

Lloyd Danforth

...and what happened to the idea of starting several articles on the front page and continuing them inside?

Kat Kanning

Two articles start on the front page.

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

Well damn, guess I did everything wrong and we should just quit.

Lloyd Danforth

If the idea is to get average citizens who hate taxes and the growth of government local and national to pick it up, read it, see articles that effect them and say: " Damn, they got that right! Why are most of my property going to the schools and my kid is an idiot", or, "Why the Hell haven't they sold that damn school building?", or, "what the Hell happens to those warrany articles after they are submitted?"
"I think I'll write these guys!"

Then the front page lacks subtly. 

It will attract the dozen people in Madnadnock county who know what secession means, and, some who give two shits about Boston

I don't know what is inside, I'm only going by the front page.

KBCraig

Kat Kanning

Well, your article is on the inside, Lloyd, so I hope you don't object to that one.

Lloyd Danforth

I wouldn't have objected to the two on the front, if, they had been on the inside.  I just think something less radical and with local appeal on the front would incourage the people you want to read it to pick it up.

Kat Kanning

What was radical about the front?