• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Free Press

Started by Russell Kanning, October 25, 2005, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Just curious....

What can newspapers print that will get them sued?

hook

Short answer:

Anything.

Longer answer:

Successfully sued, malicious libel. Printing something about someone which you know is false, for a malicious purpose.

KBCraig

Quote from: hook on December 04, 2006, 03:16 PM NHFT
Successfully sued, malicious libel. Printing something about someone which you know is false, for a malicious purpose.

There are actually two standards. For an ordinary private citizen, you need only print something that is false, and from which they suffer harm. For a public figure, you must have malicious intent.

Kevin

Lloyd Danforth

Why do I think this isn't about a private citizen?

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 04, 2006, 06:48 PM NHFT
Why do I think this isn't about a private citizen?

You're on to his methods.  ;)

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

http://www.keenefreepress.com/mambo//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=426&Itemid=36

The New York Massacre

Russell Kanning

"Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed."

Notice for our paper:

Copylefted 2007 The Keene Free Press. This material may be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed as far and wide as possible. Please just ask the author of each article what his preferences are. :)

Kat Kanning

One of our loyal readers:

Lloyd Danforth

"...and you can't go out and play with your igloo until you finish reading the newspaper!"

Rosie the Riveter

Kat --your kid is way cool!!

Kat Kanning

error

Would you like me to do something about the FBI's latest abuses of power?

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning