• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Free Press

Started by Russell Kanning, October 25, 2005, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I will have room for them on the website, but I guess not in the print edition.

We have decided to go with the

New Hampshire Underground

for the name .... we can keep the Keene Free Press stuff ... especially if someone wants to pick it up again later.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 29, 2007, 06:06 AM NHFT
Starting next year, I've decided not to run any more campaign related articles in the Keene Free Press.  I had been doing it up until now just to try and help fellow freestaters in what they're trying to accomplish.  I don't really like running articles that are anti what I believe in.  (Have to keep up my biased image, ya know!)  Letters are OK.

Just wanted to let you know, so you don't think I'm picking on any campaign in particular.

Thanks for everything that you've done for the Miranda campaign so far!   8)

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 29, 2007, 07:17 AM NHFT
we can keep the Keene Free Press stuff ... especially if someone wants to pick it up again later.

I was talking with Menno about him taking over operations of the KFP in the new year.  I would help in whatever way I could, including distribution. In fact, now that we're going to be meeting weekly, I suspect a core group will arise that will be more than able to take the KFP off your hands.

I envision syndicating content from the NH Underground and any other liberty papers that get off the ground as well as local reporting.

Kat Kanning

Oh great!  I'm so excited about "another" paper :)  Let me know when you'd like to get together with us and we can talk about turning over some stuff to you, like the website and such.

FTL_Ian

How about whenever you can make it out to the next Social Sunday?   ;)

Kat Kanning

OK, I should be able to be there Sunday.  Is Menno going to be the main person doing the paper?  Is he going to be there Sunday?

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 30, 2007, 07:52 AM NHFT
OK, I should be able to be there Sunday.  Is Menno going to be the main person doing the paper?  Is he going to be there Sunday?

I just spoke with him by phone.  It sounds like he's having second thoughts about heading it up.  My instinct is to step up, but I don't really know what I'm getting into.  Nor am I sure if I have enough time.

Would be possible for you to outline here what the workload is like?
-How many hours per week do you spend?
-How many copies do you print and how much does it cost?
-What else do we need to know?

I don't want you to come out if there isn't someone who's willing to be in charge of this operation.

Is anyone else in Keene interested in this?  Puke?

Kat Kanning

Cost is ~ $450/month, distribution time is about 4 half days and then maintaining stacks around town which we usually did as we were running errands anyway.  Actual creation of the paper takes me 1-2 intense days, like 10-14 hours a day, depending mostly on how much of the writing I'm doing myself - or graphics manipulation.  It's possible I could keep doing that part for a second paper, if you were happy about the general way it was laid out.  Usually I write stories over the month, and find stories I'd like to print from the internet, or people send me stuff.  Mostly when I ask people who've written something interesting, they're happy to let me print it.  It takes me about an hour/month to mail out the snailmail subscriptions I have - but I do a lot of free subscriptions for people in jails around the country.

Right now we're getting 5000 copies per month and distributing it all over the SW corner of NH - Cheshire county, Milford, Bedford, Manchester, Concord, Hillsborough, West Lebanon and various other little towns.  I'm assuming you want to focus more on Keene stuff and distribute locally?

We might spend an average quarter hour per day updating the website.

I think you could do what I've been doing and hold down a full time job.  If you want to solicit advertising to help pay for it, I can't help you on how much time that would take because I never did that.

If you print fewer copies, it brings down the price a little, but not a ton.

That should give you some idea what you'd be getting into.  I'd be happy to help however I could.

Kat Kanning

Let me know if you want the Keene Free Press mailed to your home. 

http://www.keenefreepress.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=649&Itemid=57

Was just mailing out the papers and it made me think of it.  :)

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 06, 2007, 12:52 PM NHFT
Let me know if you want the Keene Free Press mailed to your home. 

http://www.keenefreepress.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=649&Itemid=57

Was just mailing out the papers and it made me think of it.  :)

Must be psychic day or something because I was just thinking about sending a pm to you or Mr. Kanning about just this thing.

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

You guys have been so busy I have about 2 month's worth of articles for this month's paper :)

RangerProbst

Hey Kat, is there any chance you are printing that article of mine about Homeland Security? If so, I need to find some way to get a copy of the paper from you. I'd like to get a physical copy of it. It's my first article.

Kat Kanning

Yes, I believe I will be able to do your article this month.  The one's I don't get in will likely go in the next issue, which will be February.  PM me your mailing address and I'd be happy to mail you the paper with your article.

error

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 20, 2007, 04:27 AM NHFT
You guys have been so busy I have about 2 month's worth of articles for this month's paper :)

Go to 16 pages! :)