• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Free Press

Started by Russell Kanning, October 25, 2005, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

We're getting really close to print the first edition of the Keene Free Press.  I would need articles by February 12th.  We could use more articles.  Want to right something about gun rights in NH?  Eminent domain?  Secession?  It'll be boring if I'm writing most of it. 

The first edition should be 8 pages, 1000 copies, which we will give away around Keene.  This is getting so exciting!  :)

tracysaboe

Quote from: Dreepa on November 10, 2005, 02:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on November 10, 2005, 02:21 PM NHFT
Churches always argue that the power to tax is the power to destroy, but in reality it's the power to withold taxation that gives the greatest control. Don't do what we say, and we'll send you a tax bill.

Isn't tithing a form of taxation?

NO It's completely volentary. Typically 80% of the population of a church doesn't tithe. 10% tithe 10% and the other 10% make up the other 90% of the funds.

Don't be ragging on churches. The fair thing to do is abolish property taxes for everybody else. Not force them to start paying too.

Tracy

Kat Kanning

Really, we need articles!

Dreepa

Quote from: tracysaboe on January 31, 2006, 01:05 PM NHFT
NO It's completely volentary. Typically 80% of the population of a church doesn't tithe. 10% tithe 10% and the other 10% make up the other 90% of the funds.

Don't be ragging on churches. The fair thing to do is abolish property taxes for everybody else. Not force them to start paying too.

Tracy
some churches say that you can't get to heaven unless you are a full tithe payer.

tracysaboe

None that I've ever been in.

And I've been around the block. Was in Assembly of God for the first 7 years of my life. Free Methodist for a year. Then I was in a Lutheran church from 3rd grade till high school graduation. I'm currently attending a Southern Baptist denomination now.  On top of that my dad was a Gidean, which meant that we frequently visited other churches for him to give his messages.

But even the Catholic church that at one time promoted the unbiblical notion of endulgences. That's still a belief that a person volentarily chooses to follow of their own free will.

Tracy

Kat Kanning

...trying desperately to get back on topic.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: tracysaboe on January 31, 2006, 01:05 PM NHFT
Tracy

To get this thread back on topic.  I think a little property taxes for everyone would be good.

Kat Kanning

Want to write an article about it?

Lloyd Danforth

cathleeninnh

I haven't followed this thread, so slap me if this has already been brought up. I know trying to get people to write is difficult, but good articles are easy to come by. Would it be easier to get permission to reprint the ones we come across than to get original articles?

Cathleen

Kat Kanning

I was hoping to get NH specific stuff, but Russell wanted to get permission to do reprints.

cathleeninnh

Yeah, now I remember why I didn't follow closely. You really wanted a local paper. Never Mind.

Cathleen

Kat Kanning

Well, we're planning on doing statewide issues too.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: cathleeninnh on January 31, 2006, 03:18 PM NHFT
Yeah, now I remember why I didn't follow closely. You really wanted a local paper. Never Mind.

Cathleen
Are you somehow disappointed that our paper is local? We have to fill that niche so we are not crushed so easily by the huge internet content providers.

Maybe after a while, someone can make a paper for Derry with our viewpoints. Maybe you could. :)

Russell Kanning

We are planning our first print edition for late February (5,000 copies). It will be a tabloid style newspaper (about 10x12) with 8 pages printed twice a month. The paper will be free and will be distributed to grocery stores, convenience stores, other retail businesses, advertisers, freedom meetings :) and some directly to residents. It will be about 50% content and 50% advertising and will remain that way. We hope to expand to 16 pages soon.

We will be accepting letters to the editor about any subject that would interest a Keene resident. The publication will be filled mostly with freedom oriented articles, but we will publish opposing arguments (from schoolies etc.) liberally. We will also cover lighthearted subjects and Caleb's religious ramblings. ;)