• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Free Press

Started by Russell Kanning, October 25, 2005, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cathleeninnh

I see nothing wrong with a local paper. I wish you all the luck in the world. It is a bigger undertaking than I could manage.

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

It is very much fun. We will be shaking the trees and seeing what falls.

Lloyd Danforth

I sent an article!  Com'on, If I can do it, the rest of you can!  I used up all of my commas, though!

tracysaboe

Quote from: TN-FSP on January 31, 2006, 02:17 PM NHFT
Quote from: tracysaboe on January 31, 2006, 01:05 PM NHFT
Don't be ragging on churches. The fair thing to do is abolish property taxes for everybody else. Not force them to start paying too.
Tracy

To get this thread back on topic.  I think a little property taxes for everyone would be good.

Relative to where you are currently in NH yeah. Relative to not having any property taxes? No Property taxes are not good.

Tracy

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 31, 2006, 07:43 PM NHFT
I sent an article!  Com'on, If I can do it, the rest of you can!  I used up all of my commas, though!
Thank you Lloyd. We won't mind them being spread out though. :)
We are getting plenty of good articles, so thanks everybody. It will be fun to see the variety of subjects that get covered.

Don't forget that your ads are welcome at the Keene Free Press.
.3 oz. Silver (or $3.00) per square inch.

That is half the price of the Keene Sentinel. (1/5 the price of the UL)
Of course our circulation is half also. :)

dawn

Quote from: russellkanning on January 31, 2006, 04:45 PM NHFT
We are planning our first print edition for late February (5,000 copies).

We will be accepting letters to the editor about any subject that would interest a Keene resident.

This is so exciting!

From a selfish standpoint, I was hoping/thinking this would be more of a Cheshire County paper, not just Keene.

I would be happy to help with this. I'm pretty good at editing if you could use another pair of eyes to look things over before going to press.

Russell Kanning

I will run articles by you Dawn, that will be helpful.

This is the same paper we have been doing, we have no intention of ignoring your area. :) In fact people will be wondering why we have so much Winchester news, but that is where we will have news coming from so......

We will be distributing all over the place. I was hoping you would help us distribute it in your area. Where do you think we should put them in Winchester?

I use the word "Keene" because it is simple for outsiders. Monadnock region is not as short and doesn't roll off the tongue.

Russell Kanning

Let the games begin. Things are heating up as we prepare for our first printed edition. Here is a letter sent in from one of our friends in Winchester, NH.

Letter to the Editor: Susan Newell Feb. 2nd 2006
http://keenefreepress.editme.com/SusanNewell02022006

Just as a warning to some that might not be aware, we will be printing desenting opinions in our paper. A few days from now we could receive a rebuttle to Susan and will print it also.

We have heard some people who think that our publication should be a tightly crafted liberty paper. We are wanting to give voice to people who are not represented in the current local publications and add a dose of freedom news. So we will print almost anything and everything that comes into our email inboxes. I am very excited about the subjects that will be covered and the sympathetic and opposing reactions we will get.

president

Quote from: russellkanning on February 02, 2006, 07:10 AM NHFT
Wow, susan is a partisan idiot.

KBCraig

Quote from: dead president on February 02, 2006, 09:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on February 02, 2006, 07:10 AM NHFT
Wow, susan is a partisan idiot.

You surprise me. While you're generally disagreeable, you usually display solid reading comprehension.  I've read Susan's letter twice, and I find no mention of political parties, only ideology.

Kevin

president

par?ti?san
n.

1. A fervent, sometimes militant supporter or proponent of a party, cause, faction, person, or idea.

KBCraig

Quote from: dead president on February 02, 2006, 10:16 AM NHFT

par?ti?san
n.

1. A fervent, sometimes militant supporter or proponent of a party, cause, faction, person, or idea.

If we apply partisanship to ideas, then non-partisans are clueless idiots.

sandm000

idiot
pronunciation:'i-dE-&t
1 usually offensive : a person affected with idiocy
2 : a foolish or stupid person

idiocy
pronunciation: 'i-dE-&-sE
1 usually offensive : extreme mental retardation
2 : something notably stupid or foolish
(Hi-jacked from m-w.com)

I suppose you could call her a partisan, but not an idiot.  If she either wrote or dictated the letter she isn't likely to be an idiot.

Dreepa

Right.

Prez... people usually do get pissed at you but I usually see that you are pointing out things  and facts and sites... I think you are wrong this time. Sandman has it right.

Russell Kanning

Our date for distribution is Thursday, February 23rd. :icon_motor: