• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Free Press

Started by Russell Kanning, October 25, 2005, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: russellkanning on February 21, 2006, 04:54 PM NHFT
We got our shipment today and started handing out our paper this afternoon. It was loads of fun. People seem to like it and are eager to pick it up.
Noone has asked what "secession" means or has been shocked by our articles. However we have had many people specifically say that they like the different perspective and have commented positively about some articles.

Good job!

Kevin

Pat McCotter

Quote from: russellkanning on February 21, 2006, 04:54 PM NHFT
We got our shipment today and started handing out our paper this afternoon. It was loads of fun. People seem to like it and are eager to pick it up.
Noone has asked what "secession" means or has been shocked by our articles. However we have had many people specifically say that they like the different perspective and have commented positively about some articles.

Russell or Kat,
I would like a copy to add to my newspaper collection.
Pat

Russell Kanning

We will be bringing them to Porcupine meetings.

Caleb

I would like to purchase a copy

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: DadaOrwell on February 21, 2006, 05:18 PM NHFT
Uh I don't see anything wrong with constructive criticism.  Troll type criticism from people doing nothing, or angry reaction to constructive criticism...  both of those are bad.   I don't think we can put lloyd or Dave Mincin in any of the above categories based on what they've said on this thread.  When I go out and make something happen you are both welcome to tell me how to do it better next time.

I always do when I think you are wrong ;D  Like your recent idea to hold a protest because of child labor laws.

Russell Kanning

Pat McCotter

Caleb

QuoteNo sales to redheads.

Fine, then, I'll just get my copy free at Athens like everybody else!  :P

Russell Kanning

Yea .... that is right by your house. You can straighten up the pile if it gets messy.
We have a few locations where we are right on the counter at kwiki marts. I met apoo and his son today. They were happy to get their copy.
Some guys in suits and and reflective sunglasses were asking who this "Caleb Johnson character" was.

dawn

Have papers been distributed to all the places listed already? Have you received much email from the paper getting out into people's hands? I'm so curious - tell me everything!!!! :))
Dawn

Russell Kanning

I have been checking in with people to see if the papers are getting picked up etc.
I had a good conversation with the man who owns Romy's Market... Joe Bendzinski. He is a city councilmen in Keene and a decent guy. He laughed that when people read our paper they call us Left wing or right wing. He couldn't quite figure out why. He seems to like the paper. :)

He was rolling today .... he is mad about the government .... I couldn't get a word in edgewise.

He mentioned that he wanted to start a revolution 10 years ago.
I agreed with him and started to say I want to do a non-violent one when he interjects.
Without me mentioning the FSP or anything he says, "Those Free State Project guys were supposed to come here and help us out........"
Me - "That is why I ....."
Joe - "We had my good friend .... the ex-governor (Benson) asking them to come here.....and what did they do? ..... they moved all over the state.... they are all spread out"
Me - "Yea-"
"Why can't they all move here so we can get some stuff done?"
Me - "That is another-"
"They should just come here and we can start something."

So there you have it. Joe likes our paper and what we want to accomplish. He thinks a revolution is long overdue and he wants Free Staters to move to Keene to help him start it.

......oh by the way ..... I think he is so angry and frustrated with the government is because he is trying to change it from the inside. They always win when you play their little games. :( Maybe we can free him from the chains holding him back. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dawn on February 23, 2006, 04:55 PM NHFT
Have papers been distributed to all the places listed already? Have you received much email from the paper getting out into people's hands? I'm so curious - tell me everything!!!! :))
Dawn
Every place listed has gotten papers as of 4:30 yesterday. I have gotten a few emails, but nothing is rolling in.
In Winchester:
They had no room in Kulicks Market. :( But got it in the laundrymat and salon next door.
Got it right on the counter at the Sunoco in that lot. :) (Maybe you could refresh it ..... they should go quick there.) :)
Mr. Mikes said the corporate office said "no" ...... which is funny since I have it in 3-4 other ones in the area. :(

Russell Kanning

It took me about a day to get them out to all the outlying areas on Wednesday. But I had some great conversations.
The piles are slowly disappearing in the better places like Shaws, Hannafords and some convenience stores.
Tell me if you see any places that need our paper.

Lloyd Danforth

Did you hit the super market/appliance store on the west side of RT. 10 in one of the Swanzeys?  I think it is next to a restaurant and gas station.

Russell Kanning

Yes ..... they were very happy to have it. It should be on the list.
The smaller and locally owned places are our best distribution points so far.