• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Free Press

Started by Russell Kanning, October 25, 2005, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen_142002

I think kids in Hinsdale go to high school in Hinsdale.

Russell, I'm putting together another meeting for Cheshire County Libertarians on May 23, same place and time. I want to place an ad in KFP's upcoming issue. I'll send you the specifics ASAP. When is the deadline for purchasing an ad in the next issue?

Kat Kanning

You'd need to get it to me this morning to get in the May 10th issue.  The next issue after that will be May 25th, deadline May 15th.  I will put in an announcement on the calendar, even if I don't get your ad.  Any graphics you use should be at least 200 dpi.

Kat Kanning

From the perspective of putting together a newspaper, press releases really ROCK!

citizen_142002

Well I guess there won't be an ad in the next issue, but I'll get one ready for the meeting after the 23rd.

Kat Kanning

If you tell me what you want now, I can do it.

Russell Kanning

Is Google running out of servers?!
http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=5254

I noticed it has taken Google a long time to figure out that we closed our old site and started a new one. They are just now catching up to yahoo etc. with our changeover.

Russell Kanning

Don't Blame the Web When Newspapers Die
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1950729,00.asp

...part of the reason I thought we could print our own paper.
We need to keep working on the human face part of our paper. We need parties.

Tom Sawyer

Enjoying the latest version of the Keene Free Press... smuggled it across the river into VT. :icon_pirat:

The paper and the website are really starting to come along... good job guys... there is hope for freedom yet. 8)

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

If you really agree or disagree with our paper write us something. You could also join the reader feedback page (for good or bad).

Tom Sawyer

An idea that might get more traction here...

If we can distribute copies of the KFP issue dealing with the Senate Hypocrisy to:

DMV License Issueing points (or whatever the heck they call them) The DMV's are the weak link and I think that was borne out by Gatsas pandering to them. Also, like here in VT, this Real ID nonsense will probably lead to the centralization away from town level issueing to actual DMV's. I've watched the dismantling of the Towns power here as it is shifted to the state. I think we could stir up the localities about this outcome... local control needed to be kept.

Around the area of the most offending Senators homes.
I talked to a Libertarian that couldn't afford mass mailing to the whole town, so he targeted just the immediate  areas near the opponent. He created a strong impression that it was everywhere, and it caused the most pressure closest to the opponent. Really worked well.

How this is done could involve recruiting locals in the towns to help, they would be better recieved than outsiders. Or however and to whatever extent we are capable of pulling this off. I would volunteer to help do it. Heck I'd make sandwich boards to wear, or display ads to put at the store or whatever retail point we could use. We could do a limited mailing, whatever we can make happen.

We get pictures of us doing this and I think we could give others a positive outlet for the energy on this issue. It is our turn to show what can be accomplished with these alternative (to political) techniques.

We have a limited time to show results or chance lossing momentum. This scandal is the best present we will have for a while, let's use it to our best advantage. Everbody is waiting for some else to save us, ie. a big daddy politician, Libertarian Party, etc.

We have to save ourselves... and show others on our team that we can push back.

Anyway... just thought I'd throw you the idea. What will we do with this opportunity?

Russell Kanning

I can't picture distributing our paper in Senators neighborhoods, but maybe we could do some of the other ideas.
I am most interested it letting people know what is going on, more so than influencing bureaucrats or politicians.

Tom Sawyer

8)

This is a story that shouldn't go away any time soon otherwise evil prevails.

Perhaps people would pay to have copies to distribute as they see fit. I would do that.

Russell Kanning

We have been sending them farther and farther out. :)
A nice older couple visited us yesterday about the paper ..... and they live near the seacoast.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: russellkanning on May 17, 2006, 08:11 PM NHFT
We have been sending them farther and farther out. :)
A nice older couple visited us yesterday about the paper ..... and they live near the seacoast.

I never fully appreciated what your paper could do...
But, I'm starting to see the possibilities, thanks for your efforts... both of you. 8)