• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Jim Johnson (Tres Passive Twelve) court thing 9am, Fri. 27th

Started by Jim Johnson, August 25, 2010, 10:50 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

This is a continuation of the episodic adventures of the Tres Passive Twelve.
I will be there in the character of the noble Knight Jim who has been called before the King's Royal High Court, in Keene, to face the charge of disobeying an order of His Majesties Royal Prison guard.

Tom Sawyer

Free libertarian

I will be in court myself at a hearing in Grafton County Superior Court and will be unable to attend.
Good luck noble knight.

Kat Kanning

Jim Johnson

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/low-riding-pants-send-kimberly-senette-to-jail-in-new-orleans/19605682?test=latestnews

Ben Muessig Contributor
AOL News
(Aug. 26) -- You could say she got caught with her pants down.

A state judge in New Orleans sentenced a woman to 10 days in jail because she wore low-riding shorts in a courtroom.

Kimberly Senette, 23, was held in direct contempt of court on Aug. 19 because her shorts showed off "[h]er panties and the top of her buttocks," witnesses told NOLA.com.

Senette -- who was wearing a T-shirt, sneakers and knee-length plaid shorts -- went to the Jefferson Parish court to try to convince her younger brother to accept a plea deal related to charges of armed robbery and battery on a correctional officer.

But Judge Steve Windhorst put Senette on trial for a crime of fashion.

When the judge questioned her about her shorts, Senette said her pants were riding low because she had been forced to remove her belt while going through security at the court's entrance, according to the Smoking Gun.

For Windhorst, that answer didn't hold up. He had Senette cuffed and held in the jury box behind her brother, who accepted a 12-year sentence as part of a plea deal.

Senette was reportedly released from jail early.

dalebert

The cast & crew of Intense! has been given the morning off so we can attend.

KBCraig

Well, then.

Let's hope Sir Johnson doesn't wear knee-length plaid shorts that show off his panties. Eh?

Russell Kanning

Jim Johnson

I wore my Knight outfit and it did meet the Royal Court's high standard of dress.

I got the Corrections Officer to admit that he did not tell me to leave the premises.

But I was found guilty, given 30 days suspended for two years and $500 plus $120 fines.

I asked for a jury trial so they are sending it over to the superior court.

To Be Continued in 1 to 2 years.

Tom Sawyer

I'm really glad they let Sir Jim walkout today I thought for sure he was going to go stay with Ian's buddy Van Wickler.

As a side note we bumped into an "old friend" coming home... man talk about a small world... weird. lol

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on August 27, 2010, 12:03 PM NHFT
I wore my Knight outfit and it did meet the Royal Court's high standard of dress.

I got the Corrections Officer to admit that he did not tell me to leave the premises.

But I was found guilty, given 30 days suspended for two years and $500 plus $120 fines.

I asked for a jury trial so they are sending it over to the superior court.

To Be Continued in 1 to 2 years.

What does 30 days suspended for two years mean?  It's mathematically, (sp?), confusing to me.  I'm glad your not in jail but the fines and other stuff suck royally!

Jim Johnson

I was sentenced to 30 days in the House of Corrections.
But it was suspended for two years.
So for two years, if I am convicted of another "crime", they will put me in jail for an additional 30 days.

The purpose is to hang a hammer over my head so that will not be tempted to commit another disobedience of the state.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on August 27, 2010, 02:46 PM NHFT
So for two years, if I am convicted of another "crime", they will put me in jail for an additional 30 days.

The purpose is to hang a hammer over my head so that will not be tempted to commit another disobedience of the state.

Wow!  Clever little pricks, huh?  >:(

CJS

Quote from: Jim Johnson on August 27, 2010, 02:46 PM NHFT

Is it possible to refuse a sentence that includes a period of what is basically  an extended probation that the charges would not earn an extended probation  ( even if there were an actual victim) .. or is that what asking for a jury trial accomplishes ?

Russell Kanning

ya just never know what they will decide eh

so is this good or bad news?

didn't you already have something "suspended"