• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anarchy Road Signs

Started by Kat Kanning, August 25, 2010, 08:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Ummmmm... I think we have a winner.

It could be put into different signs and bumper-stickers...

Vote for NOBODY... NOBODY cares!
Vote for NOBODY... NOBODY keeps promises!
Vote for NOBODY... NOBODY will listen!
Vote for NOBODY... NOBODY tells the truth!
etc...

Tom Sawyer

I had this design on a sweat shirt back in the day... lol

Russell Kanning

back in my day we voted .... and we liked it!

FreelanceFreedomFighter

:laughing4: :rofl: :clapping:

good one! been there, done that... broke the mug, tore up the T-shirt for rags!

Pat K

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 05, 2010, 02:00 PM NHFT
back in my day we voted .... and we liked it!

And right after we voted we had rock soup......and we liked it!
And I will have you know that the rocks were heavier and crunchier
back then!

Lloyd Danforth

Everybody knows that rocks were newer and softer back then!  Nice try!

Pat K

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 07, 2010, 06:57 AM NHFT
Everybody knows that rocks were newer and softer back then!  Nice try!

Ha! This from a guy that can't remember last Tuesday.

lildog

If you are going to take the trouble and expense to make up signs then you need to use them to give people an alternative solution.

I personally don't see not voting as a valid alternative because even if only 1% of the population votes, the politician with the most votes will declare victory and go about their way.  And let's face it, many of those who vote do so for the person willing to take the most away from others and give it to them.  You're refusing to vote doesn't stop them from using the government gun to take portions of your pay or increase your property tax or other taxes and fees you end up getting hit with.

Many people see the problem but there is no valid alternative for them as long as politicians gain power who use that power to take away from others to give to those who give them the power.

MaineShark

Quote from: lildog on September 09, 2010, 03:46 PM NHFTIf you are going to take the trouble and expense to make up signs then you need to use them to give people an alternative solution.

I personally don't see not voting as a valid alternative because even if only 1% of the population votes, the politician with the most votes will declare victory and go about their way.  And let's face it, many of those who vote do so for the person willing to take the most away from others and give it to them.  You're refusing to vote doesn't stop them from using the government gun to take portions of your pay or increase your property tax or other taxes and fees you end up getting hit with.

Many people see the problem but there is no valid alternative for them as long as politicians gain power who use that power to take away from others to give to those who give them the power.

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not opposed to voting, when it can achieve something.  For example, there are many, many things Ron Paul stands for that I oppose, but he also doesn't fit very well with the current establishment.  He's like a poorly-cut gear in a machine, slowing it down and causing failures.  When it comes to the machinery of the State, poorly-functioning parts are a good thing.

However, if enough folks just stopped voting, the government would not be able to continue on (as in your example where only 1% bother to vote).  "We" already outnumber the government goons many times over, and the politicians more than that.  If enough folks stop believing in the myth that the State is legitimate, it will lose its power, because it just cannot project enough force to subdue the entire population.  If you have a shotgun with 9 shells in it, you can still hold back a crowd of ten, because no one wants to go up against those odds.  Maybe even a crowd of 50 or 100, because folks still don't like the idea of getting shot.  Could you hold back a thousand?  Ten thousand?  I wouldn't be likely to try.

If enough folks just say, "no," the Statists will have to give up, because they simply do not have the power to stop such a large number from living free.  I'm sure some zealots will declare themselves the "government in exile" or something, but what's that to us?

Joe

Russell Kanning

not voting seems like a good alternative
it seems like if you do vote, the system either cheats in their counting, or doesn't do what the voters want
they only change when they sense that they are losing their legitimacy

K. Darien Freeheart

I personally only think "not voting" is effective when coupled with "ignoring the demands of those you didn't vote for".

There have been elections with 0% voter turn out. They still elected bureaucrats (there generally are laws for such things) who went on to be violent, even though literally nobody voted for them.

Since I've heard stories of the unelected bureaucrats, but not the reactionary tax revolts, I'll assume they continued to obey.

The political means MIGHT be an effective way to reach people who will only listen to the pulpits they're used to hearing from, but the political means ITSELF isn't a means to more liberty.

Kat Kanning

Well, someone beat me to it  ;D  We were driving thru Salisbury last night and I said Hey, that political sign had an anarchy symbol.   The guys were dubious, so when we drove back thru, we stopped and took pics.  It said Vote Nobody and was strategically placed next to John Babiarz for governor.  LOL...and it wasn't even us who did it!

John

Just found this thread.
When I started seeing all the ugly signs again I was thinking I will someday have some made which say "PEACEFUL ASSEMBLY CHURCH" and then have an open box beneath (or perhaps above) to put in various mesages which could be written on tape and then changed as desired.

But, yes I would be willing to contribute a bit to something like the " Vote for Nobody ..." signs.

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteWell, someone beat me to it    We were driving thru Salisbury last night and I said Hey, that political sign had an anarchy symbol.   The guys were dubious, so when we drove back thru, we stopped and took pics.  It said Vote Nobody and was strategically placed next to John Babiarz for governor.  LOL...and it wasn't even us who did it!

You're telling the story wrong, Kat! The sign was red and black and said "Elect Nobody" with the afforementioned anarchist-A.

You also forgot to mention that it was in a triad of signs... Ken Blevins (Libertarian for US Senate) and THEN John Babiarz (NH Governer).

Also: http://nh.craigslist.org/mis/1973849447.html

Russell Kanning