• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anarchy Road Signs

Started by Kat Kanning, August 25, 2010, 08:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I"m so sick of the political signs all over the frikkin' place.  How about we make up some anarchist signs to put up?  I'll get a quote for how much the signs cost, and take up a collection to get them made.

I was thinking it could say something like

Anarchy
(A)
The better choice.
Some URL explaining anarchy

Would people be willing to donate to get them made?  Better sign suggestions?  What's a good URL explaining anarchy or voluntaryism?

FreelanceFreedomFighter

I'm sure this can be tweaked to be much better, but here's a thought...

There are a lot of signs that say:

Vote
So-n-So
Demorepublicrat
for
political office!

Along those lines how about:

Vote
Jackboot Thug
politician
for
government control!

Tom Sawyer

Kat Kanning

FreelanceFreedomFighter

How about...

ABOLISH SLAVERY NOW!
END GOVERNMENT!
don't VOTE!

bigmike

Only Followers Need Leaders (my favorite, and I think I'll make banners to hang on overpasses for election day)

Don't Vote - You'll Only Encourage Them! (credit to Travis Eden for this one)

Why Vote When You Can Solve Problems Yourself? (probably too long)

As a side note, I like the idea of having a URL people can go to, but I think anything referring to anarchy might turn people off. I've been liking the concept of 'direct action' and I think it's something that a lot of people could get behind and learn about voluntaryism in the process.

Jacobus

How about inventing a candidate that is running for every office? 

VOTE
McPower for Senator!

VOTE
McPower for Governor!

VOTE
McPower for Dog Catcher!

VOTE
McPower for God Emporer!

Put the picture of a shit-crazy politican on the signs.  I'm sure John C. Calhoun wouldn't mind anyone using his mug:

Put up a URL to a website for his campaign.  The whole thing would be mostly mockery of politics and politicians.

MaineShark

"Vote None of The Above" is always a good one.

"Anarchy is Patriotic" makes a good bumper sticker, for cognitive dissonance, if nothing else.

FreelanceFreedomFighter

I quit using the Anarchy label a long time back because so many people only think of it based on the "reputation" of the word.

I've used Abolitionist instead. People don't really get it at first... thinking that we've already "abolished" slavery. A quick explanation works nicely in those cases. Unless of course the person simply can't have a completely open intellectual conversation about it... and they're out there! I just smile and move on. Some people LIKE the chains that bind them... go figure.

Terror Australis

Quote from: FreelanceFreedomFighter on August 26, 2010, 01:14 PM NHFT
I quit using the Anarchy label a long time back because so many people only think of it based on the "reputation" of the word.

I've used Abolitionist instead. People don't really get it at first... thinking that we've already "abolished" slavery. A quick explanation works nicely in those cases. Unless of course the person simply can't have a completely open intellectual conversation about it... and they're out there! I just smile and move on. Some people LIKE the chains that bind them... go figure.

I prefer autonomous.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: bigmike on August 26, 2010, 11:09 AM NHFT
Only Followers Need Leaders (my favorite, and I think I'll make banners to hang on overpasses for election day)

Don't Vote - You'll Only Encourage Them! (credit to Travis Eden for this one)

Why Vote When You Can Solve Problems Yourself? (probably too long)

As a side note, I like the idea of having a URL people can go to, but I think anything referring to anarchy might turn people off. I've been liking the concept of 'direct action' and I think it's something that a lot of people could get behind and learn about voluntaryism in the process.

Yeah, I like your 1st one the best too!  :)  The 2nd one isn't too bad either.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jacobus on August 26, 2010, 12:22 PM NHFT
How about inventing a candidate that is running for every office? 

VOTE
McPower for Senator!

VOTE
McPower for Governor!

VOTE
McPower for Dog Catcher!

VOTE
McPower for God Emporer!

Put the picture of a shit-crazy politican on the signs.  I'm sure John C. Calhoun wouldn't mind anyone using his mug:

Put up a URL to a website for his campaign.  The whole thing would be mostly mockery of politics and politicians.

I also like that sort of idea and have it lead to the free state party :)

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Here's pricing I found at one place:

Qty    Price    Color Backside    
     1    $11.99    $14.98    
     2    $20.99    $24.98    
     4    $33.99    $39.98    
     6    $44.99    $52.98    
     8    $55.99    $65.98     
     10    $66.99    $78.98    
     20    $121.99    $145.98    
     30    $176.99    $212.98