• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Truck to repair or part out

Started by MaineShark, September 08, 2010, 01:21 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

I have a 1992 F-150 XLT extended cab.  It needs a bit of work (front brakes, exhaust, some rust repairs), but it's fixable (runs and drives, although I wouldn't trust the brakes over any distance).

However, there are a lot of good parts on it:
new throttle body worth a few hundred bucks
interior (including power driver's seat) is excellent
5.8L V8 engine and 4-speed automatic transmission have about 170k on them, but have been well maintained and run great
all four tires are in great condition, with very few miles since they were replaced
trailer hitch and brake controller
fiberglass cap
dual gas tanks

It's fixable, but it's likely worth more (I'd estimate $2500) as parts.  I want it off my driveway and have no time to be taking it apart and selling the bits, myself.  If you have space to work on it and want to fix it up or strip it, make an offer.

Joe

K. Darien Freeheart

When you say it needs brake work, do you know what needs to be done to it?

MaineShark

Quote from: Kevin Freeheart on September 10, 2010, 06:54 AM NHFTWhen you say it needs brake work, do you know what needs to be done to it?

Pads and rotors, as far as I know.

Oh, and it has rear ABS (which works, as far as I know), so that's another valuable bit.

Joe