• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Death of an Ex

Started by KBCraig, September 12, 2010, 03:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

So, I just had a very unexpected call from my ex-wife's husband. She passed away sometime during the night; when he woke up this morning, she was gone.

It was unsettling in a way that's hard to describe. Of course it's very hard on my sons (who are 19 and 15).

I have no idea what the future will bring. One day at a time, I suppose.

Tom Sawyer

Man, I'm sorry to hear about that... hard for a child to lose a parent... I'm sure it causes you pain also.

Pat K

Sorry KB. My best to you and the boys.

KBCraig

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on September 12, 2010, 03:07 PM NHFT
So, I just had a very unexpected call from my ex-wife's husband. She passed away sometime during the night; when he woke up this morning, she was gone.

It was unsettling in a way that's hard to describe. Of course it's very hard on my sons (who are 19 and 15).

I have no idea what the future will bring. One day at a time, I suppose.

I am so sorry!  My heart goes out to your family.  Rick's sister died last year in a sudden accident and left behind 3 daughters, it's been very rough for the whole family.  Again, I'm so sorry.  :hug45:

PattyLee loves dogs

sorry for your family's loss. :_fire__by_zacthetoad:

KBCraig

On the better news front, both boys really cheered up when we told them we would be over Wednesday. I already arranged Wednesday/Thursday off (I'm already off Friday/Saturday), figuring that would be safe planning, and it turns out the funeral will be Thursday morning. So, we'll be able to get the boys out of the house some and away from the whole "scene", and they can come stay with us at the campground where we'll have our travel trailer. It's a nice place with good memories for them, and they're looking forward to it.